Maier fender

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

Maier fender

Post by KDXer »

Most of you may know I'm saving for an Aiirstryker and I was wondering where you guys got your Maier rear fenders from ?? I am hoping to get one sent over with the carby but need to find one first. I think denniskirk.com?? was recommended before by someone I'll look there. Thanks all.... Trev

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
motorider200

Post by motorider200 »

FRP carries them. CLICKY
97 KDX200(225)- mine
01 KDX220- brothers
97 XR400- dads
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Thanks but I think someone found a cheaper source, did I forget to mention I'm a tight@$$... :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Right! With shipping, that fender is, what?.....about $150? :rolleyes: :lol:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:lol: It wouldn't suprise me. But then again a new non mx style one over here would be close to $100. Mine is totally crap. I made it out of a 89KX250 rear guard, it doesnt cover the airbox properly etc etc I really need a new one... :rolleyes:

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Might as well get a shock guard/mud flap while you're at it.

How on earth do you down-under folks afford black-holes-for-$$ like dirtbikes when a fender is going to cost $150!?

Did you check RonAyers? I have no idea what their shipping policy is regarding overseas...........

RockyMtn doesn't list rear fenders at all.

Good luck!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

canyncarvr wrote: Might as well get a shock guard/mud flap while you're at it.
Are the standard ones no good ??
canyncarvr wrote:How on earth do you down-under folks afford black-holes-for-$$ like dirtbikes when a fender is going to cost $150!?
It usually requires ALOT of 'saving'.
canyncarvr wrote:Did you check RonAyers? I have no idea what their shipping policy is regarding overseas...........
Yep but I couldn't find one.
canyncarvr wrote:Good luck!
I'm gonna need it... :lol:

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

re: 'standard ones'

I meant that a new fender doesn't come WITH a shock flap. If your's is in good shape, that's fine. I assumed a bit..figuring that if your fender is toast your shock flap might be iffy too...and as long as you're getting a nice new fender, you might as well get a flap, too.

I replaced my fender with another OEM Kawi piece. I didn't want to mess with fit problems. Ha!! What a complete PITA! It didn't fit 'fer squat. Meaning, forget about worrying if the attaching hardware boltholes line up...just getting the thing IN the bike was a chore. And, of course, none of the hardware stuff lined up, either.

Don't be buyin' no dodgy fender!!

Cheers!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I don't know what happens to those fenders when you take them off, but they sure don't want to go back on. I didn't even replace mine, just took it off so the stuff I was doing to my bike would be "easier". I bet the chick that puts them on at the factory also does the magic rings in a Vegas show.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

I just put on a Green Maier MX fender. Went on like "butter". Absolutely no fit problems at all. The Maier fender has pre drilled holes for bolts in the air box and the bolts on the back of the subframe. Actually, it came with the bolts and spacers for the back of the subframe. I just posted the photo's in the Gallery and you should be able to see these bolts. It did not have holes for the bolts that thread into the subframe closer to the Air box. I went ahead and drilled those out. It probably did not need them, but the OEM fender uses them so....

Also just installed a CEET Gripper seat cover to replace my torn old stock one. Following Inda's set up (Vince, Thanks by the way) I have a moose fender tool bag and on the way is Baja Designs Enduro LED tail light. Once I get all the pieces and get them put on and tested, I'll give a report in the appropriate section.

I would have had the tool bag installed, had I not had to replace my rear wheel bearings. Somehow I managed to mangle the Snap ring and ordered a new one from my local dealer. Of course they did not have it by today. Luckily for me my boss has a KDX 200 that's down for engine repair (dropped the Kips actuator rod into the clutch basket :shock: ) and was kind enough to allow me to borrow his wheel. Cool because I can test the pirelli MT16 he's got on there. Unfortunately, he was running 12/47 gearing and I was running 13/50. So instead of putting on the tool bag...I was putting on my shorter chain and trying to get that !@##!@#$%#%# master link to snap on properly. The good news is that I'm up and running for the weekend.

Sorry KAY DEE EXER, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. What did you ask? Oh, yea the MX fender. So far I like mine. My next mod is going to be the RB carb as well. Not sure if I'll send my 33 in or get the A/S. Is there an advantage to the A/S over getting the OEM reworked?

Later
Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Robb,
I got an AS and sold my 33 on eBay for the price difference. I don't know one is better than the other, but I do know the AS is heck of a carb with Ron's tweaking done to it. If you go the way I did, wait to get the AS first, as you will need to swap out the cap. Seems the AS comes with a straight shaft on top where the throttle cable leaves the carb, compaired to the stock carb which has a curved piece. You need the curved one to fit the KDX. Good Luck!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!