What an impressive little beast...

Got questions? We got answers....
JD

What an impressive little beast...

Post by JD »

I did 20 hard miles after work today. Some good gnarly rocky sections mixed in with just enough muddy 4 wheeler ruts to make things interesting. The bike performs great - wish I could say the same about myself! I'm a wee bit out of shape from the desk job. Thankfully, I've finally found a workout program I enjoy (KDX)! I do see the need for stiffer fork springs - I'm pushing 180 in gear (about 195 after the first good mudhole!) so the rocky downhills can be a little sketchy. The motor has got some good snap now that I've got the jetting dialed in, and it'll easily loft the front with a little tug on the bars. After 15 dirtbikeless years I'm slowly getting back to my teenage trail speed (well, I feel fast anyway. Of course, that blurred scenery might just be an indicator of a need for corrective lenses :grin: ).
I have to say that this bike has really suprised me. I wasn't expecting much more than a playbike that I could putt around with the kid (he's got an XR80). I figured I'd be selling it in a few years and buying us both bigger bikes but I've changed my mind. I think with the addition of the usual mods (reeds, pipe, carb work, etc) I'll be quite happy with this bike for years to come.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hey, all right. Congratulations on having a great time, workout and bike all at once! :grin:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

My little 200 has never failed to do anything I wanted it too, no parts failures, and has never failed to keep my entertained. What else can you ask for in a dirt bike? All that is left for me to do to my bike are a few engine modifications that I don't need because I am very happy with the way it performs now. But, they are there if I decide to go that way...
I might as well put my name all over my bike because I will never get rid of it. I'm glad you found the value of the KDX JD. :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
John Cena

Post by John Cena »

The kdx is a great bike. I like mine even though its a 92. But if I could change 1 thing on it, it would be that weird sound it makes. :partyman:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

What weird sound?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

You mean, which wierd sound? :grin:
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

It could be the wierd sound of him singing in his helmet! :lol:
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Singing?! I thought I was the only one who did that! I yell, talk, shout, sing, and sometimes scream in terror while riding. I'm as much fun to listen to while riding as I am to watch while riding.

Dirt biking is a good workout. It's even better when you have to pick up a 200+ lb motorcycle, while wearing a suit of armor on a 100+ degree day, out of a steep 200 foot dropoff. Now, where is the bactine?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!