KX 125 wheel.

Got questions? We got answers....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

KX 125 wheel.

Post by jafo »

What differences would there be between a KX 125 front wheel and a KX 250 front wheel of the same year? I've checked the Kaw site and the axle, and hub numbers are the same but the entire assembly (rim, hub and spokes) has a different prt. number. It kind of confuses me that it would run the same front hub and axle part no.

Jon.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

As far as I know...there is no difference. The only difference between the forks is spring rate. It only goes to reason the wheels are the same.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I did another run down on part numbers, and the only difference I could find was the rim. The rim has two different part numbers between the two bikes. The disk is the same, the hub, the axle. The rim is the only difference and I don't know how many different ways you could make a rim. But the sizes they give are identical. The 125 rim is a 98 and the 250 rim is a 97 that I'm compairing this time.

I put a bid on this rim after I lost this other '98 250 Excel rim and new tire. :evil: I just want to make sure it'll work before i go for it. I think your right Indi, theres really no difference and I sure this will work.

Jon.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

If it is just the rim, it will work. Good luck!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

There are different styles of rim..some are stronger than others. I suppose the 250 would have need for a considerably stronger rim than a 125.

As Jason says, if it's just the rim, it will work.

Spokes could well be different for different rims, too. When it comes time to replace some spokes, order them for the make/model/year of what the rim came off of (given the hub PNs to be the same).

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!