Silicone radiator hoses for a KDX-200

Got questions? We got answers....
Curious George

Silicone radiator hoses for a KDX-200

Post by Curious George »

I've searched everywhere but can not come up with any silicone radiator hoses for my son's 06 / KDX-200.

Is there a KX-125 or something that runs the similar set up ?

Thanks for any feedback.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Why the silicone part? You're looking for an aftermarket re-inforced for heat hose? I've never seen such (don't mean there is no such thing). Take the old hose down to your local hose store, compare it to some existing pre-formed hoses for some other application. You might find something.

Or just...why? What's wrong with the OEM hoses? Knock wood...but I've had only one fail in many years..and that's 'cuz I low-sided a switchback a bit TOO low (made the corner, though!) and ripped it on a rock. They're pretty good hoses, seems.

I gather you don't like 'em?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Curious George

Post by Curious George »

No , I'm just on the causios side and the after market pipe is a little close to the water pump hose.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

'Aftermarket' meaning the '30, probably?

SOME FmF pipes have been known to come WITHOUT the factory dent that gets you some clearance in that area. Your pipe has that dent? If not, make FmF take it back!

The hose that IS close to the pipe does have a sleeve on it at that point. That helps its survival.

My pipe is considerably farther away from that hose since I last spent some time bending it (the pipe) for a better fit.

Still...I run a tywrap at the closest point to kind'a oblong shape the hose so it is farther away from the pipe even farther.

You might imagine it to look like this:

...although MY bike would never look so filthy!! The pipe would be shinier if the WD was wiped off.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!