Is DRN dead?

Got questions? We got answers....
jackpiner57
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Is DRN dead?

Post by jackpiner57 »

Can't access DRN anymore. Anyone else having problems? :?
2002 KDX200
2005 KX85
2005 DL650K5 V-Strom
NETRA
AMA
Montshire Trail Riders
Vermont Motocross Association

I got stopped for speeding and the cop asks me "Don't you know the speed limit is 55 miles per hour?" So I said "yeah but I wasn't gonna be out that long."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Is that a problem? :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jackpiner57
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jackpiner57 »

Yeah :butthead:
2002 KDX200
2005 KX85
2005 DL650K5 V-Strom
NETRA
AMA
Montshire Trail Riders

I got stopped for speeding and the cop asks me "Don't you know the speed limit is 55 miles per hour?" So I said "yeah but I wasn't gonna be out that long."
John Cena

Post by John Cena »

Drn is not dead there just upgrading. I don't really like that site the owner is stingy. Can't even view other members galleries. can't view others profile either unless you have a credit card lol. :evil:
jackpiner57
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jackpiner57 »

Yeah, but it is a great resource for a nimrod like me. So is this site with CC and everybody. It will be better as the membership grows. :grin:
2002 KDX200
2005 KX85
2005 DL650K5 V-Strom
NETRA
AMA
Montshire Trail Riders

John Cena

Post by John Cena »

I wonder is kdxwoodsrider ever gonna have fender stickers like DRN? :supz: :lol: Then we can show them what the best kdx site is :mrgreen: :partyman:

Maybe you guys already have them if so I feel like an idiot :twisted:
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Its not a bug its a feature...

DRN has its place...it just doesn't involve KDX's :mrgreen:

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

John Cena wrote:I wonder is kdxwoodsrider ever gonna have fender stickers like DRN?
The stickers are on the way according to Inda and will be $25/set or free if you upgrade to level 3 membership by the end of the month.

Go here for more info: http://kdx.woodsrider.net/viewtopic.php?p=5885

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
dave04kdx
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by dave04kdx »

DRN, whats that? :rolleyes:

Oh ya, black fender, how far can I jump threads. I remember now. :lol:

Just kidding :wink

Haven't had any need for DRN lately with this COOL site :supz:
At age 4 success is . . not peeing in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . having friends.
At age 16 success is having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is having money.
At age 50 success is . . having money.
At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . having friends.
At age 80 success is . not peeing in your pants.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

JackPiner:

Hey! No reason to be snide about it!!

Just 'cuz I ask stupid questions around this board from time to time or otherwise hang around doesn't mean there isn't plenty of room for other folks.

Or...

Just 'cuz I'm here doesn't mean you can't be, too! :roll:

In other words...
Welcome!! :wink:

re: your sig.... :grin:

You gonna tell me you tried that and it WORKED?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

WE HAVE THEM! Inda: show him where he can get a set!
Jackpiner..... I remember a Jackpine enduro.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
jackpiner57
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jackpiner57 »

CC, The cop looked at me for a few seconds with a blank look on his face and then laughed and said "that's the first time I heard that one!" He let me go! I was only doing 50 in a 40 zone though. Oh, and here's my good snide :butthead:
2002 KDX200
2005 KX85
2005 DL650K5 V-Strom
NETRA
AMA
Montshire Trail Riders

jackpiner57
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jackpiner57 »

skipro, My first real dirtbike, a new 1972 Penton Jackpiner 175 cost me $1075.00 from Cycle Design. In it's day a truly great handling and very fast bike. The motor was KTM,s debut in the USA. Penton claimed 36 HP and I think it was faster than my KDX ( but I was 60 lbs,lighter then) Of course John Penton named it after the famous enduro.
2002 KDX200
2005 KX85
2005 DL650K5 V-Strom
NETRA
AMA
Montshire Trail Riders

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Drn is not dead there just upgrading
Leave it to those re-re's to perform an upgrade involving signifigant downtime. That a-hole has enough money to bring up another site completely in parallel. This is remenicant of their server crash a couple years ago in which all data was lost :roll:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
jackpiner57
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jackpiner57 »

There sure are some bad feelings toward DRN here. I don't know who runs the site, but if he's a re-re that can't be good, especially if a re-re is not a good thing. (what's a re-re?) So fill me in, who is this guy and what is the problem? Thanks for the welcome CC, and I promise to try not to act like a re-re.----------> :rolleyes:
2002 KDX200
2005 KX85
2005 DL650K5 V-Strom
NETRA
AMA
Montshire Trail Riders

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

We allow discussion of DRN here at woodsrider. Try asking your same question on DRN. Even mention the site of woodsrider.net and it could get you banned. Search for skipro3 over there, read my posts and ask what reason I was banned. Seems DRN didn't appreciate competion even though he allows sites like KTMTalk and Thumper to be discussed. The admin over there is not too fond of critque either. He has his band of insiders who he allows to trash the average user as well, under the guise of Moderator.

But, in a nutshell: Several guys on DRN were treated very poorly by the admin there, especially seeing as how they were providing good answers to basic questions and were gaining nothing from the experiance than helping fellow riders out. (And paying money for the privilage as well) These guys got tired of it and started looking for an alternative site where their assistance and the level of discussion could remain on a higher plane. Rethnal, AKA Indawoods, AKA Vince stepped in and created this site. Other users here also started KDX based sites, but this is the one that took. They then threw in their efforts to abandon their site and lend support here. (I'd mention names but they asked to remain anonomous, as is true to their humble nature.)

Woodsrider will never have a clique. Many of us have experianced that and didn't like being treated as outsiders or that our opinions didn't matter as much as the IN crowd's did. We treat all new members as if they were here from the very beginning. This is a site where egos are checked at the door and members are made to feel welcome. To date, we haven't had any trolls or anything more than respectful differences of opinion, as far as I can tell. There's lots of joshing as good friends, new and old, will do.
Here at woodsrider, everyone receives the same level of user features. Payment is voluntary as evidenced by the small Icon at the bottom of the page. Our Administrator doesn't exploit the users here with sponsors of any kind. His only monitary compensation is in donations. Those who find value with this board can donate what they think is appropriate.
It is obvious the Administrator of this site has a heart for the sport of off road dirt bike riding and KDX's. He shows tireless effort in running a clean board without having to weigh us down with his own personal ideals. A truly selfless nature, IMO.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Well said Ski - when everybody disappeared from DRN overnight it was pretty shocking and a bit un-nerving...but everybody seemed to end up here and be better for it. Its pretty amazing when you look at the quality of information being offered here on this forum for free and without any price tag attached.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

Woodsrider rocks :supz: sometimes, I crept into drn to pry but my kennel is here! :grin:
'89 KDX 198cc '03 Gasgas Ec250 '13 Husaberg Te300
*CANADA* LEADING THE WORLD IN BEING JUST NORTH OF THE UNITED STATES.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

It's o.k. to slumming once in a while; and there are still good people who are participating in that KDX forum. Their Admin does us all a service by not allowing woodsrider to be mentioned; it ensures that only the dedicated riders looking for something beyond the same old questions asked over and over will eventually find this site. (Well, at least for now) There's nothing wrong with asking basic questions; we all began somewhere. The difference is, we respect both the person asking questions and the ones who provide answers. That respect is extended into the challanges of accuracy in some of the answers. That's called discussion. For me, the biggest reason I don't go slumming is because there is no respect extended to folks who choose to provide answers. At this stage of my life, and my experiance, I just don't want to waste my time with that. Woof! :wink:
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

re: '..bad feelings toward DRN..'

Probably not. I don't think anyone here is whining, crying in their beer or otherwise pouting in a corner regarding anything DRN.

That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of reasons for such (bad feelings) to exist for a number of folks on this board. Those folks are of a higher caliber than that.

This is not a simile but a metaphor (the difference is important).

If it looks like $hit....and it smells like $hit...you don't really have to determine if it tastes like $hit, do 'ya?

Some things just are. No reason to have hurt feelings because of it.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!