CLUTCH QUESTION

Got questions? We got answers....
2FAST

CLUTCH QUESTION

Post by 2FAST »

Took my bike out for a quick ride 10 minz latter I put it up and put it in neutral let the clutch out and it makes a knocking noise pull clutch in quit's what could this be I just chaged oil in it a few days ago could this be it? I put 20/50 in it what does most of you guy's run? And one more question what gas/oil RATIO should I run I have a ratio rite cup to make it easier ive been 32:1 seems like alot there's oil coming from the exhaust tip a lil I ride sLoW COULD I lighten up some? and ONE MORE would it help to run mid grade gas over unleaded? Thanks in advance for ant help any one can offer..
grump99

Post by grump99 »

That noise is pretty normal for a kdx. Mine does the same thing. :mrgreen:
2FAST

Post by 2FAST »

I wondered about adding a lil more oil im gonna do that!! And Foots I see your from AL what part ? I live Hueytown..20 minz outside Birmingham..
2005 KDX 200
2005 Raptor 350
2007 Grizzly 400
2005 Bruin350
1995 Bayou 300
1995 Magnum 425
1986 XR 250
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Your other questions:

Premix ratio: It's a personal choice. Fact is your bike will make more power (jetting adjusted) the richer a premix (more oil) you run. At some point it gets to be counterproductive...like when a good oil is running $10 a quart! 40:1 is fine, and will work out with your ratio-rite, too. :wink: 50:1 would be fine, too. Again...jetting adjusted.

I've run 32:1 in my bike. Didn't like it. Went back to 40:1, using Amsoil Interceptor. I prefer 32:1 in my Banshees. It works better, imo..and that's all that matters (my opinion in my machines, I mean).

Re: '..seems like alot there's oil coming from the exhaust tip...'

:hmm: I'll translate to suit me........

That isn't related to your premix ratio. Far more likely to be related to your air/fuel ratio.

Re: 'ONE MORE would it help to run mid grade gas over unleaded?'

For one, it's ALL unleaded anymore. I presume you mean, 'mid-grade unleaded..over regular unleaded'.

What 'helps' is to run the grade of fuel the engine requires. Do you know what the spec is for the KDX?

It is (from the KDX spec sheet):
Fuel Required Min 95 Research/90 Avg. Octane

Coinsidering the junk out of any gas station pump is a concoction of crap that doesn't run worth a damn in anything..what NUMBER is on the pump don't mean diddle, either. But...that's what we have to use (unless you use Trick, C12, or some other 'race' fuel). Wanna talk about distillation curves? :shock:

Another personal choice thing. I've run every octane available from the local pumps. I prefer 92. I prefer non-oxygenated fuel, too...but I don't have that choice. It's ALL got alcohol in it 'round here.
Last edited by canyncarvr on 05:57 pm Dec 25 2008, edited 1 time in total.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
2FAST

Post by 2FAST »

Wow thanks very much canyncarvr!! for taking time to better inform me ive had two stroke's in the past a 86 TRI-Z 250 3 wheeler and a Kdx but then I was much younger and just dumped gas in it and oil and rode them lol. Now being 27 I would like to do thing rite are close to it anyway so once again THANX.
2005 KDX 200
2005 Raptor 350
2007 Grizzly 400
2005 Bruin350
1995 Bayou 300
1995 Magnum 425
1986 XR 250
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Please...DO read the sig: 'Consider the source!'

All I know is my 2-hunny runs better than anyone elses...and it's all due to The Plan.

:wink:

Or, I'm full'a crap....and don't know diddle.

A lot of folks are sure THAT is true......... :shock:

BTW...if mixing 40:1, use the 20:1 mark on your ratio rite for 2.5 gallons. Add five gallons of fuel and you're all set.

Another issue altogether, but if you want some real fun, mix your fuel with 5-10% toluene (should be available at your local paint store. They may not sell it to you if you look like a cranker). Throttle response effect is huge...and as a side benefit...no one will want to follow you 'cuz you'll be giving them a headache...and will be making their eyes water!

Cool!!

BACK I say! Don't tailgate or I'll flick a booger on your goggles!!

Cheers!!

Consider the source

Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:Please...DO read the sig: 'Consider the source!'

All I know is my 2-hunny runs better than anyone elses...and it's all due to The Plan.

:wink:

Or, I'm full'a crap....and don't know diddle.

A lot of folks are sure THAT is true......... :shock:

BTW...if mixing 40:1, use the 20:1 mark on your ratio rite for 2.5 gallons. Add five gallons of fuel and you're all set.

Another issue altogether, but if you want some real fun, mix your fuel with 5-10% toluene (should be available at your local paint store. They may not sell it to you if you look like a cranker). Throttle response effect is huge...and as a side benefit...no one will want to follow you 'cuz you'll be giving them a headache...and will be making their eyes water!

Cool!!

BACK I say! Don't tailgate or I'll flick a booger on your goggles!!

Cheers!!
Dude,

I'm pretty new here, and I read more than a post. I just have to go off topic and say it. You crack me up! Truly funny stuff.

J.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

DOOOOD!! :supz:

I'm glad you're cracked. Indeed, that makes it all worth every penny paid for admission!

Merry Christmas!

Consider the source