Maier plastic's.

Got questions? We got answers....
GreatBritishRob
Supporting Member

Maier plastic's.

Post by GreatBritishRob »

Just got round to fitting the rear fender on my bike.
Colour is good and so is fit but the finish/edges are not overly good. Look's like it's been cut out by hand.
I guess i wont notice once its covered in mud :mrgreen:
Anyone else done the rear fender conversion?
Brings the bike up to date a bit more. Helped all the more by the fact i have one of them new Acerbis LED rear lights fitted now aswell.
Look's the pup's nuts :mrgreen:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Here's mine... LED tailight...

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
GreatBritishRob
Supporting Member

Maier Rear fender, Acerbis LED tail light and holder, KXF front fender, FMF Q silencer, Renthal Bars etc etc.
I think its bought her up to date a bit as the original back end dated her.
This is almost as i bought it.
I had added a couple of bits in this pic but it was basically still standard with only 500 miles on the clock.

Here she is this morning :D

Worth the effort?
GS

Post by GS »

Yes, worth the effort....cute as can BE!
kdx krew

Post by kdx krew »

heres mine Image one industries st cover, renthal r1 chain/spts and bars ,909 h/ guards, fmf gnarley pipe etc, few more bits to come in new year(fenders etc) but not sure how far to go with it yet (forks,engine mods etc) ...had a gasgas ec before this but it reqired far too much tlc :lol: , kdxs are bomb proof love em :cool: :grin: Image
kdx krew

Post by kdx krew »

Image and my lads kx65 :twisted:
barryadam
Supporting Member

Post by barryadam »

Hey Rob,

I like the OEM Kaw graphics on your radiator shrouds. That's a 2004 GB model, right?
I have the 2001 US version that has the exact same graphics as kdx krew's in this same thread.

I need new graphics and could use some new shrouds. It's time.
Can you find out what the price is in the UK now as the British Pound is moving a bit on the FX market. Perhaps I can get some from a dealer in the UK. PM me.

Thanks

Barry
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI
zedsdead

Post by zedsdead »

Rob. where did you get your fender and rear light from? I was think of changing mine to help upgrade to a full mot as at the moment I run a day time mot only. With the led rear light I should be able to get a main and dip to work even with the feeble out put from the stator.
marksg

Post by marksg »

Rob / KDX Crew.
I am also in UK - just picked up a 99 220 and it needs a bit of work. Has Knarly pipe with DEP silencer. Not opened up to see what reeds are fitted yet. Bike is really zippy top end but as I intend to greenlane it I'm looking for more grunt down low. It's boggy at the moment at the lower end. Can you recommend a jet setup that works for you. I'm in surrey - not that high above sea level.
Appreciate your input.
thanks
GreatBritishRob
Supporting Member

Sorry for the slow reply gents, been busy as hell with this and that.
I got the fender and tail light from TRM which is a local MX dealer http://www.trmracing.com/catalog/index.php

Zedsdead, If you give them a bell and tell em Big Rob put you in touch they'll tell you better than i can what i got to be honest (ask for Mark). I know the tail light is an Acerbis LED type which does work right and doesnt sap the power from the headlight :grin:
Barry, try the same dealer as ive just mentioned mate, its where i get all my bits from as its handy and local and theyre a friendly bunch.
Im running everything as standard Mark apart from the FMF Q pipe as i want to keep the reliability cause i use my KDX for Rally/Enduros and green laning.

Oh, i got rid of the standard graphics a couple of weeks back cause they kept unpeeling when washing the bike.
Heres some updated phots of my bike now :grin:
http://www.trailbikemag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15509
barryadam
Supporting Member

Post by barryadam »

Rob,

Those latest pics of your bike (with the armored tank) are the graphics I am interested in. Who makes them?

Barry
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI
GreatBritishRob
Supporting Member

>|<>QBB<
barryadam wrote:Rob,

Those latest pics of your bike (with the armored tank) are the graphics I am interested in. Who makes them?

Barry
LR Designs Barry, based at TRM (theyre all related). If you give them a bell here http://www.trmracing.com/catalog/index. ... contact_us theyll put you through as i cant remember there website address. Theyre based in holbeach Lincolnshire.
Where you based Barry?
kdx krew

Post by kdx krew »

ive just bought an mx front fender and am not too pleased with colour match up , its a much brighter green ...originals are a much paler, so might have to get some new rad scoops if i can match colours up.....wonder if the maier rear is original pale green or newer brighter colour :? ....or am i being picky
GreatBritishRob
Supporting Member

Ha! I think yer just being picky mate. My bikes plastics are all different colours. The Maier back end is the same as the front fender and frame guards. The frame is different to the tank and the shrouds and headlight surround are different again. Its no problem when covered in mud :)
I think we should all get together on a competition (Tarening or the likes), get the KDX noticed again :)
barryadam
Supporting Member

Post by barryadam »

[/quote]
LR Designs Barry, based at TRM (theyre all related). If you give them a bell here http://www.trmracing.com/catalog/index. ... contact_us theyll put you through as i cant remember there website address. Theyre based in holbeach Lincolnshire.
Where you based Barry?[/quote]

Thanks Rob. I've got the contact now for both LR Designs and TRM. I'll try both this week.

Cheers,

Bazza

P.S. I'm in Southern California.
Curious George

Post by Curious George »

Here's my sons "Monster KDX-200 "

Hmmm , can't figure out how to ad a picture ???
GreatBritishRob
Supporting Member

>|<>QBB<
barryadam wrote:
Where you based Barry?[/quote]

Thanks Rob. I've got the contact now for both LR Designs and TRM. I'll try both this week.

Cheers,

Bazza

P.S. I'm in Southern California.[/quote]
If you can wait until next year Barry i can drop them off for you :mrgreen:
Anyway, when you ring just tell em Big Rob with the KDX put you in touch, they'll know all the bits you want then.
You put Bazza, you a Brit living over there by the way?