carbparts.com?

Got questions? We got answers....
lemmy

carbparts.com?

Post by lemmy »

Has anyone ever used them? A few months ago I ordered a few jets and a float bowl gasket. They showed up but they had forgotten the gasket. I told them this and also said I needed one more pilot jet. They just tossed that in for free and sent both out. So while they were a little slow and forgot the gasket, they did make good and send a free pilot jet.

Then a few weeks back I needed a PWK35 jet block gasket. It was $4.41 at MxSouth, but the guy said I needed to place a $30 order of carb parts for him to be able to order it. So I called CarbParts.com and he said it wasn't in stock, but that part was no longer made and there were only two left with the distributor (I assume Sudco). He said that it was $21.50. I went ahead and told him to order it. I then called Sudco and they said it was $4.41 and that it was still being made and they had 5 of them. So I ordered two and called back Carbparts.com (this was 5 minutes after I had ordered it) and asked if I could cancel and he said that was fine. 3-4 weeks later a UPS ground envelope shows up with the gasket and a receipt for $31.50 ($21.50 + $10 shipping). I email them and told them this story and they are offering to waive the restocking fee and credit $21.50 if I ship it back. Would you be ok with this? I understand what it is like to be a small company, but I see this as their mistake. If it was not ok to cancel he should have told me that at the time. I don't think I will be ordering from them in the future though.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

I've ordered from them before. They were kinda' high but they had what I needed.

Thanks for the heads up, though. For the last year or so I've got a local shop that carries an excellent assortment of jets as well as other stuff that other shops don't tend to carry - so I'll consider myself lucky.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

If you called and canceled 5 minutes later I would
send the part back and demand full credit.
You might mention you can contest the charge with
the credit card company and waste their time responding
before they receive the charge back.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Just send it back and write it off to experience....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
lemmy

Post by lemmy »

TWMOODY, I agree with you and that is probably what I should do, but sometimes I just don't feel like fighting the battle. I will probably just send it back and like Inda says, just charge it to the game. I got a free $6 jet off of them, so I guess its close to a wash.