1995 kdx parts for 39 mm carb

Got questions? We got answers....
Iceveign

1995 kdx parts for 39 mm carb

Post by Iceveign »

Hello guys, I currently have a 1995 KDX 200 . I bought a new carb- a 39 mm Keihin pwk that replaces my stock one, a 35 mm I believe it was.

So the problem I have now which of course I did not think about before I made this purchase is the carb holder hose and the air filter duct are to small to fit over the new bigger carb. I can get one on but it's very hard to get both on.

Does any body know of any aftermarket parts for these as I can't find anything to replace these oem parts(14073A) & (16065).

thx in advance.
1995 kdx 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I would take that carb back and bore a stock one... but that's me....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Iceveign

Post by Iceveign »

unfortunately the carb is here to stay, I just need to know if they make aftermarket parts for these specific parts and where to buy them.
1995 kdx 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Not aftermarket... but if you know a Kawasaki model that uses a 39mm carb you might be able to make it work... the angle may be off a tad though...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Why buy a carb not designed for the bike? :?

Even if you get it to fit How do you know if it'll run for sht or not?

I'd get the correct carb and get it RB'd

Anything else is just stoopid :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Iceveign

Post by Iceveign »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:Why buy a carb not designed for the bike? :?

Even if you get it to fit How do you know if it'll run for sht or not?

I'd get the correct carb and get it RB'd

Anything else is just stoopid :wink:
I thought I did buy a carb designed for my bike, according to Babbitt's website this carb was listed under a 1995 kdx 200 model. It's the first carb I have ever bought and did not know that the circumference of the outside ports would be larger, I thought it would be larger on the inside. My old carb was broke beyond repair or else I would have just kept it, I thought that going a little larger on a new carb might be worth it since I had to buy a new one. It was $230.00 , I didn't have $325.00 for a RB carb or else I would have done it.

http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/cat ... valve.aspx
Last edited by Iceveign on 05:50 pm Jan 02 2009, edited 2 times in total.
1995 kdx 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Here's what you need!

http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6743

I doubt you will ever get that 39 jetted right.... I know I wouldn't want to mess with it.

They lied! They should take it back... PERIOD!

Besides that... a stock Keihin is different to a KDX carb....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Refund and Return Policy
No returns on Electrical Parts, Decals, Marks, or Emblems.
All other returns subject to a 25% restock fee. Which they should EAT!
All returns must be in original packaging.
All returns must have a return authorization #.
For all current order inquires:
orderinfo@babbittsonline.com

A KDX NEVER came with a 39mm carb...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Iceveign

Post by Iceveign »

I guess I'll have to give them a call and see what's going on then. I really don't have the cash to buy anything else at this time, thx for your help.

So when people talk about putting a 39 mm on a bike that came with a 35mm they are only talking about boring it out? I am asking cause I really don't know.
Last edited by Iceveign on 10:49 pm Dec 07 2008, edited 1 time in total.
1995 kdx 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Get your refund and work with Foots... he's a good guy... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

when people talk about putting a 39 mm on a bike that came with a 35mm
no they are swapping it out.,...If the bike came with a 36 it would be direct fit, and this is more usually the case. 28-35mm is the body the KDX comes with. In some cases, like a 250R or something, there are aftermarket airboxes available, not in the case of the KDX. Some will just run a K&N pod style sir filter off the carb too. Not good for a trail bike. RB has mentioned a 38mm experiment w/ a KDX, and it was abandoned mainly due to the bad location/fitment problems.

Definitely send the carb back. Get the pre-done RB carb or source a stocker and mod it. What happened to your stock carb?
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Iceveign

Post by Iceveign »

Thx for the help indawoods and fuzzy, I'm emailing Babbitt's about the return.

I broke one of the towers while trying to remove the pin during cleaning on the old carb. I talked to RB about a month ago on a new carb for my bike and was quoted at $325.00, I just did not have the money or I would have done it, I didn't realize how much of a pain this could be, but now I do.
1995 kdx 200