Noob question, 200 or 220?

Got questions? We got answers....
tommyd
Supporting Member

Post by tommyd »

WOW! Nice bike Don. I heard it was really clean. I want to paint my frame silver. It really makes it look more 21st century...

I don't think there is a 60's car that doesn't need work. Your Sub is way closer than most. I used to rubber neck every time I saw it before I met you.

I've been told not to waste my time on these old 2smokers too but that's what I'm comfortable on. I'm not very fast anyways. For the price of a down payment on a KTM I can buy and build one of these bikes. For the total cost of a new Katoom I can build one of these for trails, a KX500 for the desert, and a KLR for 300 mile dirt road sight seeing trips.

That said, I would sell my kidney for the new big Husaberg. Maybe it's the Swede in me.
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

>|<>QBB<
tommyd wrote:WOW! Nice bike Don. I heard it was really clean. I want to paint my frame silver. It really makes it look more 21st century...

I don't think there is a 60's car that doesn't need work. Your Sub is way closer than most. I used to rubber neck every time I saw it before I met you.

I've been told not to waste my time on these old 2smokers too but that's what I'm comfortable on. I'm not very fast anyways. For the price of a down payment on a KTM I can buy and build one of these bikes. For the total cost of a new Katoom I can build one of these for trails, a KX500 for the desert, and a KLR for 300 mile dirt road sight seeing trips.

That said, I would sell my kidney for the new big Husaberg. Maybe it's the Swede in me.
The last several bikes I've bought have been used with low miles. Then I get cheap used stuff on line and save a lot, and get what I want for a fraction of modifying a new model.

Id be embarrassed to say how much I had in my '02 KTM 520, which promptly blew the engine. It was a great preforming bike though, when it wasn't overheating.

I picked up my '05 650 Berg as a leftover "last year" model pretty cheap from Daryl in '06. It was still in the crate and after buying it, it turned out to be a European street legal model. All I had to do was plug in some turn signals and a horn. It came with mirrors all the switches installed and a steering lock.

Because I have several other bikes I only take it out on certain rides. Like grandma's fine china. The bulletproof ATK, Husky 610, and now the KDX will likely see more seat time. Although I may sell one of the 610s, 5 bikes is too much. I used to have 7 and a banshee.