Mobil 1 racing 2T

Got questions? We got answers....
JD

Mobil 1 racing 2T

Post by JD »

Finally found a store carrying the stuff! I was pretty bummed when my local autozone stopped stocking it (they had the MX2T in the pints). But I found that VIP auto has it. $8.99 for a quart which is a little more expensive than autozone was - $3.99 a pint. I'll happily pay it though, the stuff works great in my 04 200.

I'm assuming that not much has changed but the name and the container it comes in.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I switched to AMSOIL because of availablity. Gallon at a time is easier than quart at a time.... I was using the MX2T then they discontinued it. It runs real clean and I did like it but I hate hunting down oil.....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
JD

Post by JD »

I was about to give up on it and was going to switch to Amsoil too. I got some info and prices from them, and found an independant shop that carries Interceptor.
I might still switch if VIP becomes as unreliable as Autozone.

How is the Amsoil? Is it as clean as Mobil?
'04 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I am still running the rest on my MX2T for another 4 gallons. I am going to run the Interceptor after that.... Their sales pitch is good and i have never heard anything negative about AMSOIL.
I bought a gallon of it so I can go a while between orders, saves on shipping costs.

I'll report at the end of the season during teardown.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
layoutd

Post by layoutd »

Indawoods wrote:
I'll report at the end of the season during teardown.
When's that? we got 365 day riding! i don't know when i'm going to get a chance to work on my bike. guess i'll have to watch the radar for on of them 3-5 rainy periods.
Eatin' ain't Cheatin'
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Round about November... That's when she get's the full treatment!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Indawoods wrote:Round about November... That's when she get's the full treatment!
Cool. That'll be around the same time I'll pull mine down. We can compare notes on the AMSOIL. I'm hoping it'll be better than the last oil I was using.
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I'm gonna run 40:1... what are you running?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

40:1 is my ratio of choice too. :grin:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

Just picked some up today. It's red :supz: , I hate mixing clear oils. I compared the labels of mx2t and the racing 2t, they are almost word for word. Hopefully they got rid of the acrid odor.
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
JD

Post by JD »

Yeah, I just used some of the new racing 2t on a ride last weekend. I was happy to see they put the dye in it now (did I mix this batch or didn't I?... hmmmmm...)

The guys on the WR's that found themselves behind me alot didn't mention any acrid odor. Or spray of spooge (damn messy Golden Spectro I used at first - polka dotted my rear fender!).
'04 200