Headstock lower bearing removal - how to do it!!

Got questions? We got answers....
gertie6car

Headstock lower bearing removal - how to do it!!

Post by gertie6car »

Hi,

I need to remove the lower triple tree taper bearing - it's shot but I cannot see how to do it without resorting to butchery!!

I have searched youtube (normally a good source for "how to" vids) but on this occasion drew a blank.

The kawa manual I have shows how to remove the taper cones from the frame and how to put the lower taper bearing on but in the strip down sequence simply says "remove the lower bearing"!!!

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Gert
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hammer... Chisel....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
gertie6car

Post by gertie6car »

Thanks Indawoods!

I would like to remove it without damaging the stem or bottom triple tree - damage will result if I try the hammer chisel route!!

thought about using a dremel cutter then the chisel approach but i am not convinced!

cheers Gert
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You shouldn't damage it if you are somewhat careful... I have never damaged the stem...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "