JD
100%
FMF
No votes

Total votes: 2

vaderoni

JD Jet Kit or FMF Power Up?

Post by vaderoni »

I don't know which one to get. The FMF seems to be cheaper, but I know a lot of people use JD's. Anyone used either or both? Pros, Cons? I want to jet my KDX properly, and I know very little about jetting, so I figured this would be a great investment. :grin:
Hi my name is Russell, and its nice to meet you!
1997 Kawasaki KDX220
2000 Kawasaki KDX200
2000 KTM EXC 300
2004 Kawasaki KDX220
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

get the pipe and post your jetting, we'll help you figure it out. no need to buy a "kit" can pick up jets at the dealer for 5 bux.
Also check the jetting section
vaderoni

Post by vaderoni »

Stock pipe, Turbine Core 2. As far as I know, stock jetting. Once again, I know very little about jetting, so I couldn't tell you what I have if I looked at it. :sad:

*Heading over to jetting section now*
Hi my name is Russell, and its nice to meet you!
1997 Kawasaki KDX220
2000 Kawasaki KDX200
2000 KTM EXC 300
2004 Kawasaki KDX220
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

You really dont need the JD jet kit for the KDX since you have this site as a resource. Just list your mods and someone will fill you in on what jetting specs to go with.

Save up for the RB carb/head mod. Best bang for your buck.

Be patient and you can find a good used FMF pipe on this site or on ebay for a good price.

BTW, having any fun on the bike? They can be addictive huh.
'
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

The advantage to a 'kit' that some 'expert' has developed is you think you're all set when you put one in!

The problem is, you aren't. There is no substitute for rider input/feedback to tune a bike. You just have to do it if you're interested in doing it right.

In the same way RaceTech cannot prescribe a suspension setup for you that is perfect right off the bat, neither can JD nor FmF tell you exactly what you need to properly jet your bike.

Awhile back JD posted some pics (not this site) of plugs and asked, 'What do you think?' OF course, lots of folks had lots of ideas on why the two plugs looked so different from one another.

So...what WAS the difference!!?? The rider. Same bike, same day, same weather, same fuel, same everything...but a different rider.

IF you are set on putting in something and have it work probably fairly well without fuss, a jetting kit might work. Of course, in such a case, having not gone to the trouble to develop your own sense of 'tuning', how would you know any different?

I've done that. I ride in the sand rarely enough that spending the time it takes to tune my Banshee wasn't something I was interested in. I didn't want to spend hours on the road to get there only to spend hours tuning my machine. So...I bought a 'kit' (that, according to the specs of the 'kit' didn't really fit my machine..and they didn't make one that fit the mod-level I had) , stuck it in. Did performance improve? Yes. Is it perfect? Nope.

Oh well.

I've known riders that refuse to mess with even an air screw adjustment. They think it's a 'hassle' to have to 'mess with' a bike all the time. IF that is your point of view..buy a 'kit' and forget about it.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!