Former KDX racers?

Got questions? We got answers....
firffighter
Supporting Member

Former KDX racers?

Post by firffighter »

Obviously Fredette, but was wondering if there were any others through the years that did well.

Did Fred Andrews ride a KDX?

Anyone here of a kid named Andy Shea? Saw his picture on the Stealhy website and I think he raced a KDX for a while.
'
mudsplasher
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by mudsplasher »

One of the Penton brothers raced a KDX. Jack or Jeff.
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Makes you famous in my book. I got to race with Roesler last year in the Desert 100 up in Washington. Well, at least he was in the same race :wink:

I watched all of the '08 Eastern Enduro series on-line and saw quite a few KDX's mixing it up.
'
N8Strine

Post by N8Strine »

Im going to be moved up to B class in hare scrambles on my KDX, everyone says get a KTM, well why switch if im doing good on my KDX and beating orange!!!!
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I'll be racing "B" class as well next year since I have a few races under my belt.

Makes me wish I had my '92 E series with aqua and hot pink to pass the sea of orange.
'
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

>|<>QBB<
firffighter wrote:I'll be racing "B" class as well next year since I have a few races under my belt.

Makes me wish I had my '92 E series with aqua and hot pink to pass the sea of orange.

Just do like Broc Glover did back in the day in the USGP at carlsbad, get hot pink riding gear!
:shock:
I always felt the KDX was just as competitive if not more so in technical courses....you just had to dial the suspension in for the terrain so the short wheelbase didn't let the rocks kick you around too much.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

I race in the "B" class (+40 B) in cross country. Overall in the B riders I finish about in the middle. This is out of about 100 riders. Most of them are on KTM's or on MX bikes. I think it's 90% rider. In tight woods I think the KDX is as good as anything out there. As the terrain opens up and speeds up the MX bikes start to gain an advantage. I built a hybrid. I think its better, but the KDX is still a good bike in my opinion.

"Makes me wish I had my '92 E series with aqua and hot pink to pass the sea of orange." I think that Kaw green gets their attention good enough.
Duke

Post by Duke »

Kelby Pepper won an over all at one of the AMA enduro nationals back in 96 or so. It was hosted in Colorado, his home state. Also, Welsh ISDE lady racer Katrina Price won several medals on the KDX through out the 80's
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

That is a name I had forgotten about (Kelby Pepper).

I think Andy Shea was riding a KDX for a while in the youth class, but is riding a KTM now.

Did **** Burleson or Roesler ever ride or win some events on the KDX? I seem to remeber them riding the KDX for a bit of time.
'
Duke

Post by Duke »

Cant say if Burleson rode a series on a KDX; The odd publicized race or test ride, probably. Roseler might well have to for one well publicized race, but not a whole series as he generally ventured to the high speed stuff where the KDX isnt the weapon of choice for someone of his skill. He did ride an adult 80 in 89 ISDE; basically a KX125 with an 80 size motor.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

my '92 E series with aqua and hot pink
LOL, couple of years ago at the Budd's Creek Nats (HS the day before) my buddy nate(from PINKS) rocked the holeshot against the whole 200cc class...Since the bike started on hint of kicking the lever, and he's had a fair amount of bike drag racing experience. It was even more awesome because his silencer was unpacked :shock: We were waiting behind in the 201+cc 250 and a 220. I was still lauging when they started us. 'Course we found him buried in mud about 1/4mi into the race. It had rained for 30 days (literally) prior, and entering that was a very bad idea. Was 100deg 100% humidity. None of us made it a lap. :oops: :oops:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

>|<>QBB<
firffighter wrote: Did **** Burleson or Roesler ever ride or win some events on the KDX? I seem to remeber them riding the KDX for a bit of time.
I don't recall either doing any racing on a KDX, although Roeseler promoted them in ads. Once he hooked up with kawasaki he raced on either the KX250's or the KX500's, the later mostly for open desert stuff. His last kawasaki rides were on the KLX300's that were modifed with his stroker kit. He was still pretty fast then, but, IMO, the KLX was just not up to the task as well as the MX bikes. It looked to me like he had to work much harder to keep up the speed.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.