Meter Cable lower end?

Got questions? We got answers....
Superwilly

Meter Cable lower end?

Post by Superwilly »

Hi all, my brother some how lost the lower cable meter assembly (the black piece that sits btwn the forks and the front tire) when he took his tire off. He swears that it was attached to the tire when he took the tire in for a new tube, the bike shop swears it was not attached, and does not have the part.

Soo..., he didn't have a cable attached anyway, is there something else he could place around the axle so he can install the tire, and ride the bike? Right now of course the tire flops around btwn the forks as that piece acted as a spacer. Or does he have to order that part?

Thanks for help!

-Superwilly
'85 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Make a spacer....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Superwilly

Post by Superwilly »

Yea, that's what I was thinking. I just didn't know if it would work? So, just pile on washers, throw some grease between them and he should be good?

I just don't want to screw up the handling of his bike, so I wasn't sure if that's the route we should take...
'85 KDX 200
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Any kludged together spacer is going to leave the hub exposed.

They run around $100...so I can understand not wanting to run out and buy one.

It doesn't 'stick' to the hub with any fastener...maybe take a look in the back of the rig that hauled it in? Maybe it's under the seat or something.

Riders have made spacers for USD forks..but that doesn't involve the exposed parts the RSU forks have.

Point is...I'd do some more looking for the part before I'd go the homemade spacer route.

Post a 'wanted' thread in that section of this forum?

Good luck.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Superwilly

Post by Superwilly »

Thanks for the advice guys, I have posted in the wanted section.
'85 KDX 200