Fender Pack Question

Got questions? We got answers....
SteveWR450f

Fender Pack Question

Post by SteveWR450f »

Currently riding with Moose tool fender pack mounted on rear fender of my KDX. Works pretty good except I know ride with knee braces (and getting older :cry: ) so harder to swing leg over to get on bike.

So I have been thinking of mounting the fender pack to my front fender. Anyone ride with a pack upfront. Any downsides. Front tire wash out more easily? My guess is that the only real downside is that you feel more weight when steering. I use a Scotts stabilizer so I am familiar with feeling dampened steering.

Thanks for your time, Steve
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Need a fender brace

The pack will cause the fender to rub on the tire over every little bump you can imagine

It sucks and is very hard to concentrate on wtf you are doing
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

why don't you use a moose fanny pak ?????? :hmm:
JUST RIDE !!!
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

I ride with a fanny pack as well for fluids. Had a friend with a loaded fanny back, full of tools. He fell backwards on it. Bruised spleen/kidneys. Could get out of bed for about 2 weeks. Trying to avoid carrying too much on the fanny pack.
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
ChiroKDX

Post by ChiroKDX »

I ride with a small pack on my front fender right under the front number plate/headlight. I carry a tube and some co2 cartridges in it, so its not very heavy. It doesn't bother me at all I don't even notice it is there.