Broken triple clamp-S.O.S.

Got questions? We got answers....
bigene
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Broken triple clamp-S.O.S.

Post by bigene »

HELP!!! I just broke the top triple clamp on my '04 KDX220, just by snugging it up prior to torquing it up. I don't want the same weak/flimsy stock clamp, any ideas would be a huge help. I'm thinking Protaper or some other aftermarket part, but just can't find anything. Thanks in advance---
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I have never seen an aftermarket KDX upper triple, nor have I seen a broken stocker. The lowers fail when people try to press the stem out the wrong way.

If you end up not finding an aftermarket one, I probably have a stock one for pretty cheap if you want it. It happens to be off an '04 as well.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
bigene
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by bigene »

Thanks Mike, I found a used one at FRP and Jeff sent it right out- I kind of panicked cause I have a race next weekend and couldn't find an after market clamp- next time, nothing but a torque wrench- thanks again
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

try TOPAR RACING AND ASK FOR LARRY,they will make you anything you want ............. :wink:
JUST RIDE !!!
danfree

Post by danfree »

>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:I have never seen an aftermarket KDX upper triple, nor have I seen a broken stocker. The lowers fail when people try to press the stem out the wrong way.

If you end up not finding an aftermarket one, I probably have a stock one for pretty cheap if you want it. It happens to be off an '04 as well.
I purchased an upper triple clamp and steering damper from Scott's as a set. It was probably too expensive, but it looks really good. I have a 2005 KDX 200, so I'm not sure if it is the same as the 220. If anyone is looking for a stock upper, I have one plus the stock bars and mounts. I upgraded them as well.
2008 Yam FZ6
2005 KDX 200