Electrosport Dual Sport Kit

Got questions? We got answers....
ThePearl

Electrosport Dual Sport Kit

Post by ThePearl »

Has anyone on here added an Electrosport Dual Sport Kit - Dakar Version? For a 2002 KDX 200.

Anything I should know about? Hooked all of the electronics/wiring to board and mounted it and light shroud to the bike last night.(Easy)

Got to hook it to stator. Put rear blinkers on. Hook up taillight/plate holder. Plumb all of that lighting. Oh yeah, put in new stator.

I'm not much for electrical work.

Any problem areas I should be aware of?

Shayne
2002 KDX 200
ThePearl

Post by ThePearl »

Got everything hooked up...but

I think the battery is no good. Hook it up to charger and blinkers work, High and Low Beam headlight work, Rear light works...

Hook up stator wires as kit says(I think), but stator won't run the lights. Battery is not taking a charge, but the stator should run this stuff(at least dimly) without the battery being up, right?

There are two yellow wires coming oof the new wiring harness. The kit says to plug these into the Yellow and pink wire coming off stator. Well only yellow, black and white W/red line wires coming out of stator. What do I hook to? I did the yellow & white W/REd, but bike won't even start with the white one changed(no fire to spark plug). If I hook to yellow and black, bike starts but no power to lights, etc.

Had an idea, but can't imagine that the kit would be made up this way. Is there any chance that the stator only charges the battery and doesn't run directly to the lights? If battery doesn't take a charge, maybe the stator is sending power, but battery just won't take it? Any Ideas?
2002 KDX 200
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Did the kit come with instructions? Have you a manual for your bike?
Where did you get the battery? An easy test on the battery would be to charge it on the bench and then hook a lamp up to it. It ought to light a 35 watt lamp for a good long time, at least 3-4 hours I would think.

I could see the stator sending power (AC) to the rectifier and then the battery first then lights, that would make sense. I'm not saying that is how it is arranged, but your wiring diagram should. Keep in mind the stock stator on the KDX is only good for about 40 watts, I think.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
ThePearl

Post by ThePearl »

Thanks Karl,
I'm not much for electrical stuff.
I do have instructions from the company, but as they did not have a specific kitfor a KDX200, it's a kit for a KX. The wire colors are not the same. I have everything working except for the connections for the new wiring harness to the stator.
The instructions say there should be a yellow and a pink wire from the stator, but I had a yellow, white w/red stripe and a black. I tried every combination I could but nothing seems to work. Unless the battery needs to be up first? I thought that the staor alone would at least dimly light everything up, but what do I know.
Shayne
2002 KDX 200