BRP Chain Guide Very Nice

Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: 'Ask 20 random people...'

I'm a random people. I know the number of feet in a mile depends completely on how many peoples (assuming bipedal perambulatorial peoples) are walking in that particular mile...then it's 2X that number to get the number of feet. In that particular mile, anyway. Obviously the number varies........

Sheesh. Not all of us is stoopid.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Alright...No random people on here maybe not so stupid.

Ask 20 Random people here in Chicago if they know how many ft/mi...

Ask 20 Random people in Vancouver/Nagoya/Berlin/Helsinki if they know how many meters are in a kilometer. :lol:

I'm happy to know BOTH. :mrgreen:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
muddertrucker

Post by muddertrucker »

Indeed we did use the imperial system, and some of the older people (i'm 27 and still get called young therefore anybody over 30 is old) still have trouble converting.
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Gallery!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Ask 20 Random people here in Chicago if they know how many ft/mi...
And of the 19 1/2 respondents that don't know the answer, 62 of them are voting Obamarama!!

..after all...it IS Chicago!
Ask 20 Random people in Vancouver/Nagoya/Berlin/Helsinki if they know how many meters are in a kilometer. :lol:
Don't laugh. As stupid as people tend to be, it would not surprise me if a good number of them did NOT know the answer.

...and most of them would probably be under 27!

Consider the source

muddertrucker

Post by muddertrucker »

Re:Ask 20 Random people in Vancouver/Nagoya/Berlin/Helsinki if they know how many meters are in a kilometer

Duh... everybody knows it's 100. But being ignorant is indeed an international thing.
Gallery!
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

>|<>QBB<
muddertrucker wrote:Duh... everybody knows it's 100. But being ignorant is indeed an international thing.
100? 100 imperial meters perhaps. We have standard meters which equal just over 97 to a kilometer.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

You two are kidding.......right?

Just checking. :?

I mean...I've come to expect $marta$$ from summa' you guys, but...I'm not always sure about how much bullschtein is, well, bullschtein.

...especially from the foreign country folk.

Consider the source

Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Someone once was amazed that Einstein had to look up how many feet were in a mile. He was amazed that people thought the he should cloud up his mind with data that could easily be looked up.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Yeah! Me, too!! I've thought that for some time now. WHY take up precious synapse activity with all sorts of stuff like that: Where do I live, what's my phone number, ...what's my name?

I didn't know I was just like Einstein!

(...although...it's probably really just the hair.......)

Consider the source

jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:You two are kidding.......right?

Just checking. :?

I mean...I've come to expect $marta$$ from summa' you guys, but...I'm not always sure about how much bullschtein is, well, bullschtein.

...especially from the foreign country folk.

I can't speak for the foreigners, but we Okies are only stupid on TV when portrayed by the leftist elitist Hollywood liberal propaganda/entertainment establishment.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I've spent some time in Oklahoma City...I could argue about the 'only stupid on TV' part.

Not that the OKC locale matters..it's just that there are people there, and they generally DO tend to be stupid whether on TV or not.

Hell...I'M people..and I'm afraid I demostrate my stupidity (ignorance being a completely separate matter) on a regular basis. And that seems to be catching up with me as the calendar pages get flipped.

Let's say that considering what there is to BE known and any 'right' about all of it there is, I know jack.

...but I do know the 100 number (or 97) ain't right..imperially speaking or not. :partyman:

Consider the source

muddertrucker

Post by muddertrucker »

:lol: Don't worry guys I know it's not 100. The good thing about the metric system is that kilo stands for 1000 wether it be with meters or grams or etc.

BTW did you know that -40 is a common point for both farenheight and celsius degrees.
Gallery!
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

CC, why were you in OKC? I hope you didn't only spend time in the parts of town where the stupid people live.

Actually I use the metric system a lot. It is a lot easier than standard measurements. We all use it working on our bikes. When making wine and beer at home I always have to convert back and forth between metric and standard. It's easy now. The only time I use standard is when I am working on big things like wood working, building fences, etc...
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I've lived for a spell in OKC twice while my Dad was going to some FAA school or other, both of them being a good number of years ago. Don't know about it being where the stupid people lived or not. I missed the signs on the way in, 'Stoopid People..TURN HERE!' Of course, having missed them doesn't mean we didn't turn in there anyways. :wink:

I measured all my beer-making batches in gallons, quarts and ounces...and it STILL turned out pretty good! Never mashed my own grains. Maybe that's where the funny numbers would'a come into play? I used crystal malts and malt extracts. I still have my kegs sitting in the fridge in the garage...something I probably out to take out sometime, 'eh? I can buy excellent beer from a local brewery for $24 a case..and that price just went up from $20 recently. It cost MORE than that per case just for the 'gredients, NOT counting the sterilizing, cleaning, cooking, fermenting, cleaning, sterilizing, and more cleaning hassles.

Consider the source

jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

Beer maker, huh? I knew you were a cool cat. We don't have many good local breweries here. Maybe there are alot of stupid people here. Too many people afraid to try something new. I've only dabbled with the beer. I make a lot more wine than beer.

One of my riding buddies works for the FAA. We also have a lot of people associated with the FFA.

Only the locals know where the stupid people live. They usually are with someone wearing a t-shirt that says "I'm with stupid".