KX rear fender Question

Got questions? We got answers....
N8Strine

KX rear fender Question

Post by N8Strine »

Ok what is the difference with the Maier Mx style fender vs. going with a UFO KX rear fender and what year ufo kx fender fits the kdx. The Maier has two holes in the top which I don't want because iam getting rid of some of the sub frame under the fender. Also on Page 6 of the gallery Krazy's KDX page his rear mx fender does anyone know what that is?
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

The difference I know about is they fit different year or era bikes. The Maier fender fits the newer series. Best thing to do to see which fender fits which bike is to go to frpoffroad.com (Inda has a link on the Links page) and see.

The bike in Krazy's gallery is a 220 - a "new" series of bikes - so that is a Maier fender. I also know that because it looks exactly like mine!
Last edited by Jeb on 11:17 am Aug 27 2008, edited 1 time in total.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I bought that fender from Krazy. It is a Maier.
'
N8Strine

Post by N8Strine »

does it have two holes up top?
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Yep. I had them covered with my tool pouch.
'
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

You can get away with trimming away enough of the ends of the subframe so that they don't stick out from the fender without cutting off the section to which the Maier fender will bolt through those holes. I, too, have the holes covered with a toolbag but it's not like they stick out really noticeable-like in the first place.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I took off the tool pouch and use a fanny pack tool bag now. I have a sticker over the holes. They really are not noticeable.
'