solid mountind bar clamps???

Got questions? We got answers....
tommorth

solid mountind bar clamps???

Post by tommorth »

does any one know if the rubber cones used to mount the kdx clamps are the same as any other bikes bike is a 90 200sr but has factory usd front same as the 93-94 bikes
beware the mighty kdx
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I do not know if they are the same.

I DO know that the aftermarket cones I got for replacements were too small. They were marketed/advertised as fitting a KDX..but they didn't.

Assuming they do fit SOMEthing, that only means not all isolation cones are the same.

You could'a probably guessed that one...but now you know!! :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
tommorth

Post by tommorth »

i was wondering that saves me finding out the hard way maybe they will let me test fit some
beware the mighty kdx
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

The aftermarket set I got had pieces to be used in addition to the cone pieces if there was too much space in the clamp for the cones to fill.

They didn't work, either.

Let me know if you are interested in the brand name of the set I bought....I'll dig mine out of my tub-o-stuff. I think they're still in there. I won't bother looking if you're not interested.

Heck...I'll send 'em to you if you like (if I find 'em. 'Looking for stuff' is my least favorite thing in the world to do!) Maybe you'll like them just fine.

Let me know.

**edit**
Come to think of it...sending anything of the sort overseas is probably not worth the 'postage'. By the time shipping was paid, you could buy 'em from there for less. Maybe....

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!