cracked the crank case

Got questions? We got answers....
hi_im_sean

cracked the crank case

Post by hi_im_sean »

the hybrid got attacked by a rock, anyone have any case halves or know someone or somewhere to get a set, or maybe even 1. thanks
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I do if you get stuck getting one locally.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
hi_im_sean

Post by hi_im_sean »

cool, what year, condition, and how much ya want for em? PM me if you want. thanks!

or email me @ hi_im_sean@hotmail.com
my motor is a 98 BTW
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Do take note of the miles of water atween you touse...and accompanying shipping.

Ask FRP (Fredette)?

A rock went all the through the skid plate!!?? :shock:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
grump99

Post by grump99 »

How bad is the crack?

I hit a rock with my quad and tore the drain-plug right out of the rear gearbox. I "repaired" it with epoxy putty that comes in a stick.

It has held up 5+ years now without a drip. For $5 it might be worth a try.
hi_im_sean

Post by hi_im_sean »

im not sure im trying to get it apart to see. something immediatly started making a whirring noise, like a turbo. and no, im a dumbass and havnt made a skid plate for it yet, its a hybrid, cant buy one, although i have a donor to hack up. i dont do epoxy, i dont even like welding, i like to replace parts and have welded spares. ill weld it if i have to.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I'm in Australia in case you didn't catch that part. If you are still interested post up a pic here of the damage and I'll see what parts I have.

I 2nd calling Fredette before going any further here. :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
hi_im_sean

Post by hi_im_sean »

well i just talked to fredette. i think they are a little expensive. for a used one that hasnt been cracked befoore they want $150 and they want me to send mine back so they can "rebuild it", keep it and seel it. for one that has been cracked and welded up before, he said it would be between &75 and $125 depending on how bad mine is for a core charge (if mine is in better shape they will charge me less). and when they say theyve nbeen "rebuilt" he just means welded, i asked if new bearings were installed and he said no, so... yea, and i can buy brand new ones from kawi for about that much, once shipping is counted in. im keeping my case halves. i can get em welded locally for about $50 by a guy who does nothing but motorcycle case welding for a living. so whatcha want for em kdxer?
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I'll check them out over the weekend and let you know. I bought them 2nd hand also and haven't really checked them over.

hi_im_sean

Post by hi_im_sean »

i appreciate it kdxer, letr me know