AMSOIL?

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

AMSOIL?

Post by Indawoods »

I just ordered a gallon of tha AMSOIL Dominator..... then I got to thinking that maybe I should have ordered the Interceptor oil. I didn't check the specs or the ratings before I ordered because I have heard everyone using the Dominator oil.

But, the Interceptor oil appears to be a closer match for the KDX's requirements. Emphasis on clean power valves and less wear.

Should I cancel the order and get the Interceptor instead??? :?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

What?

Post by Mark W »

Since you finally found the correct Mobile 1 to use in the tranny, why not use the new MX2T in the gas tank? Then buy stock in Mobil Oil.

Riding somewhere this weekend, just don't know where yet.

Mark
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

I've run the Interceptor in my snowmachine for the last two years and it is excellent at keeping the power valves clean. 100 % satisfied i.e. nice film left, no excessive wear noticed, etc, etc. (02 700 RMK.)

However I run the Dominator in the 2-cycle bikes because it is colored and you are sure your pouring from the right can and you know the oil is in it. The interceptor is colorless.

Ran the series 2000 until they changed it to the Dominator series. Have run the Dominator series since. I think you will be happy with either one from the protection standpoint.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

MX2T is discontinued! :sad:
That's what I have left over from last year.... great stuff but no longer available. It's colorless in gas too! But I use a special can for my premix so I don't worry about it 'cause I mix it when I get gas.

Just got my carb back from Ron tonight.... stuck it on there...got gas and fired on the second kick and it ran perfect for 10 minutes when I shut it down ... part of the break in process. Checked the silencer... nothing... nothing at all!
First time ever this has happened! Going riding next weekend to break her in the rest of the way...but all indications are good that she's golden! It just purred and purred!

BTW... my lighting circuit works PERFECT! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Mobil Replacment for MX2T

Post by Mark W »

I think all they did was to rename the product Mobil Racing 2T and put it into a quart container. You can read about it here:

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/Mot ... ng_2T.aspx

Nothing else in the FAQ's to determine the applicability. No need here, I bought all I could find at Autozone. Should last a season or so.

Mark
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The reason I ask if I should change my order is...that I bought a gallon of it!

That'll last a while and I am in the break in stage. Of course I all ready loaded it with the Mobil MX2T because I couldn't wait to fire it up and start breaking it in.

I'm probably just a overly protective rider! :?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

New MX2T

Post by Mark W »

Some Autozone stores now have the new version of the old Mobil MX2T. The new Mobil Racing 2T is available in quarts (darn), has a red dye in it (yeah) and sells for $6.99 (in different).

Look for it now at your local store.

Mark
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well... I changed my order to a gallon of the Interceptor AMSOIL. Gonna try it out and should last me a while instead of wondering if the Mobil is in stock or not. It works out to be a little cheaper than the Mobil 1.
Should use less at 50:1 right?
I know... I don't like that rate but I figure if it's what they recommend they best stand behind it!
I let you all know... :?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Oil ratio's is a lot like asking what mx fender makes your KDX the fastest in a drag race but for what its worth i've been running Golden Spectro @ 50:1 since day one as thats what the bottle recommends. I haven't seen any ill effects yet.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I'm sure that stuff is great. Either one. AMSOIL makes great stuff!! Just don't think I could ever do that 100:1 AMSOIL :shock: I'm sure 50:1 is fine.

Still a MOTUL800 fan.... :roll: Not exactly easy to find, but I can at least go get some locally if I need it....They say 50-60:1, but I still run 40:1 and jet accordingly. I think you could run 20:1 and still not foul plugs if you're jetted right.

We run 12:1 bean/syn mix in the karts w/o probs, but the H/L hand adjustable jets and high-speed electric starter box are nice for that :mrgreen:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

I was running Golden Spectro @ 40:1 until my last topend. Goo city. I'm on my second Gallon of Interceptor running @ 40:1. We'll see at top end time in 6 months if I'm really happy with Amsoil.
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC