MIni scooter Project

Got questions? We got answers....
staxbrix

MIni scooter Project

Post by staxbrix »

Picked this up for ten bucks at a flea market. I thought I would have some fun fixing this little beast.
I thought I would have some fun fixing this little beast. Give my KDX a break for a minute.

When I got the case off the engine doesnt want to move. I could easily replace the weed wacker engine but Im going to try to unstick it first. Should I just wd40 and oil it up or what?

http://vidzking.com/Tags/Mini-Scooter-Project-0
GS

Post by GS »

Well, that was different!!
No sound on my comp and nothing I could actually SEE in the vid either.

Let me guess, you DON'T video very often??

Either that or something is wrong at my end??
MX500

Post by MX500 »

Haha, thats quite possibly the worst video ever. You need to take a picture, I couldn't see anything. If the engine is seized, it's probably fawked. Find a replacement engine, or have it bored at a machine shop and find a replacement piston if the crank isn't also seized.
staxbrix

Post by staxbrix »

I made a better video and theres a pic here. http://motorcycletrader.info

I checked the back of the engine and it spins fine it just the piston stuck. So I dumped some gas down the spark plug and im letting it sit. I might try to rip it off if it has some play. Right now im checking classifieds for a weed wacker or briggs and stanton.
MX500

Post by MX500 »

Gas wont help a damaged cylinder piston or wring. You would need to atleast disasemble the top end and lightly wetsand the damaged area that the piston is catching on with 2000 grit. This would be a very poor fix, but better than putting gas in the cylinder and letting it seize right back up on the same spot.
91kdx200

Post by 91kdx200 »

Dump some penetrating oil in the cylinder to try and free it up. Gas won't do any good.
1991 KDX200
staxbrix

Post by staxbrix »

I did liquid wrench first. A friend suggested gas and diesel. I thought that would eat some **** out of there.