Smashed my headlight again

Got questions? We got answers....
Ondatrail

Smashed my headlight again

Post by Ondatrail »

I've smashed my headlight shell 2 times now (and it was cracked when I got the bike). The top tabs used to hold it on fell completely off so I have it ziptied to my barkbuster mounts. Is there any way to give the stock shield so this doesn't keep happening? I was thinking of getting just a number plate and switching on the light if I needed it but the headlight shield already has my numbers and backgrounds on it.
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
MX500

Post by MX500 »

Use aluminum to reinforce the mounting tabs, or epoxy some aluminum around the points where it is breaking. If you are breaking the headlight itself, I made a polycarbonate headlight shield for my Foreman 450 and it has worked great so far, although I have yet to hit any trees with it.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

If you're set on keeping the OEM shell, consider fitting a set of USD type straps for fixation. You can make it more rigid all you want, and what you'll get is more worse when it comes to breaking it. My OEM shell anyway sure didn't break less when I reinforced it more...and I went that route quite a few times.

If you try a set of straps..do get the correct length for your particular fork set-up. A set for USDs will be way too big for OEM forks.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I wrapped my fork tubes with the fuzzy side of velcro, to make the mounting straps fit
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS