getting OFF topic

Got questions? We got answers....
treelimb
Gold Member
Gold Member

getting OFF topic

Post by treelimb »

w/other people's posts.why do i feel guilty? Not guilt but a new pair of unbreakable mirrors for my handlebars so i can see where i have been when i am located 10-15 miles from a road. I have been getting lost a good bit as of late and turned around too. NE alabama has plenty of dirt roads that qualify as roads so you get the picture hopefully.But anyways ,like I was typing,do i need the mirrors? Will they vibrate too much to be of real use? Chrome or flat black? tinted or not? What about break aways just for the treelimbs???
As always I do appreciate the replies and the sarcasm too.
treelimb
NEalabama- like no other
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

If you are able to look into a mirror and not crash, then you aren't riding hard enough. You should ride at a pace where even a slight distraction could result in a crash. It's at this point of intense focus and concentration that the true nirvana of dirtbiking is found.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
MX500

Post by MX500 »

My bike has rear view mirrors (its street legal :grin: ) but I fold them down when riding. They are of no use if you are at any fun pace IMO.
treelimb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by treelimb »

WOW.I appreciate the advice but I already ride at a pace fast enough to have bruised/cracked 3 ribs in 2 separate accidents w/in 1.5 years,bitten completely thru my tongue,concussion(2),and then the general junk that happens to a 47 year old man that has been riding for 40 years minimum.
I race/ride in several local deals around this area and do well enough that I have never come in last place.30th out of 42 riders has been my worst ever and I had bronchitis as i raced.Sucking/wheezing for air was an understatement for that day.(that was this old man reliving is all-FYI)
I do appreciate the sincere replies though and apologise for the misconstrue.
Attempting NE Alabama humor on others not from NE Alabama that even a NE Alabamian probably would miss as well.
You guys are just too nice which is refreshing and prob why the truly new riders get the absolute best advise/info on here.
treelimb
ps-I ride fast enough during dope growing season to not get shot.THUS FAR anyway. I get the sent thru the grapevine junk/warnings/threats but as I stated b4-they are trespassing just like me and ain't going to tell me where I can ride. still looking for that sample too.It is in and near the HOLLAND,GA.area of NW GA/NE AL that I ride.That should tell the afficianados a bit out there.Easom Hill ain't got nothing on Holland Bud.
treelimb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by treelimb »

TOUCHE foots. :mrgreen: :rolleyes: