Too much spoo!!!

Got questions? We got answers....
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

KDX's spoo.... I agree. My exhuast tip gets black, but it never runs. That's with nasty packing and after many hours of 1-3rd gear woods riding.

SKI, does your KX spoo as much as the KDX did?
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

I liked the Maxima K2 and only changed when I read guys on this site talk about how great Amsoil Interceptor was. Of course, a local mechanic that I trust thinks Amsoil is crap.

It seems that everyone has both a success story as well as a horror story with every kind of oil that is out there. My guess is that if you run any quality oil at a reasonable ratio, you will live happily ever after...

I realize that all 2 strokes are subject to spoo, but I have not seen ANY 2 stroke that spoos like the KDX. I think Jerry is right; there is something inherent in the KDX design that lends itself to unburned gasoline making its way out of the engine. I'm sure some of you have spot-on jetting and the back of your S/A is pristine, but my KDX is far from stock and it spoos all the time, and has for 5 years.

I have yet to see another 2T that spoos like the KDX. Oh well. If that is the worst problem I have today, it will be a good day!!
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Remember your fuel has ethanol in it now. The spoo may be from the station tanks..'cuz alcohol is hygroscopic (absorbs water). Try a different station/different brand. Best yet..as you already said...try some C12 or Trick114. If you do that, realize that your performance may indeed take a huge hit..but see if the drips stop.

You're completely into the 'new' oil now? As mentioned, castor does not play well with others. Anything that's been mixed with it should be gotten rid of. Burn some weeds with it...do your part to expand your carbon footprint!!

My bike used to run clean as a pin..powder dry at the SA tip, even. It hasn't done that for a number of years, now...and I've not been able to get it stopped. I don't worry about it no moh...I'm more interested in the bike running well, and it does that.

How about an SA repack?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Remember your fuel has ethanol in it now
Very good point.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project