THE NEW PIRELLI SCORPION XC/MS

Got questions? We got answers....
tarrdid

THE NEW PIRELLI SCORPION XC/MS

Post by tarrdid »

PIRELLI SCORPION XC/MS. FAIRLY NEW TO THE INDUSTRY. JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU HARD CHARGERS HAVE TOO SAY ABOUT THEM?
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Is it DOT rated? I thought I heard some plated dirtbike riders tell me they ran scorpions because they were DOT approved...
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
DeSoto Flyer

Post by DeSoto Flyer »

Wouldn't consider myself a hard charger, just a middle aged trail hound. I've got the Scorpion on the rear. My opion, for what it's worth - WAY better than the stock Dunlops! Lot's of soft terrain and mud where I ride (until recently) and the Scorpion really helped. Not being a tire expert, I can't quantify whether it's the rubber compound, the larger size (110/100) or the combination that made the difference, but I definitely recommend the Scorpion. Been pretty dry here the last month and the tires grip well on the hardpack and do not show a whole lot of wear. Dealer didn't have a Scorpion for the front, but recommended Pirelli MT 44. Gotta say that has been a huge improvement as well.
I did go up one tooth on rear sprocket to compensate for the larger tire size. You can see photo on my bike profile.
tarrdid

Post by tarrdid »

I don't believe from what the company put out for info that they are not d.o.t. rated. So far as the xc/ms goes,there is a line of street tires that go by pirelli scorpion also.Check on pirelli web site.