another US Chrome story, with pics

Got questions? We got answers....
hi_im_sean

another US Chrome story, with pics

Post by hi_im_sean »

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showth ... p?t=656186
well mine didnt look like swiss cheese at least, but i got a rim at the top of the cylinder. do they even look at these things when they ship em out? if they do the inspector is a dam idiot, and must not know anything about engines. at least they are warrantying it. i just cant believe anyone that works in this type of industry (precision machineing, plating and motor work) can look at a cylinder like mine or canyncavr and say "yea thatll work". they just dont seem to give a dam about their customers

by the way, mine came with a sheet that shows the allowable "pits per area" and the "pit tolerances"... what a joke, i will never use them again. mine had no pits though

by the way this motor is for the hybrid roller i bought from ebeck, his 02 that is, the one that all the stickys are written about, woohooo
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Check the bores that the KIPS subport actuating rods go through. The right hand rod has an o-ring seal on it. On mine, those bores were rough inside and the right hand actuating rod was sticky. I believe the roughness was caused by the pre-plate pickling process. I had to fix it with a bit of emory cloth wrapped around an appropriate sized drill bit.

On reassembly I noted the "stickiness" and thought it would wear in and loosen up. It did not and I put up with a sticky KIPS valve for about a year before I took it apart again and cleared that bore.

Just a FYI
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
hi_im_sean

Post by hi_im_sean »

thanks ill check that before it goes together
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: 'by the way, mine came with a sheet that shows the allowable "pits per area" and the "pit tolerances"... what a joke, i will never use them again. mine had no pits though '

I got one'a those..after I asked Fredette to send it to me.

Looked to be a copied, recopied and overcopied joke of a lot of specks on a page to me. Very scientific!!

Funny..Langcourt says they can coat to something like .060"..so HOW can those pits still be there from USC?

Ha! You should'a sent it to Millineum!! :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!