my new trail tech kickstand.....

Got questions? We got answers....
rick albert

my new trail tech kickstand.....

Post by rick albert »

hey guys.....just wanted to share some good info on kickstands;IMO..its a MUST HAVE if your planning on replacing your stand; function and safety out weighs the cost !!! :supz: :supz: ImageImage]
JUST RIDE !!!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Nice kickstand!

What did you mean by safety? In what way is this kickstand safer than another kickstand?
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
jaydollar
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jaydollar »

i didn't think trail tech made a kickstand for a 200/220.
1999 kdx 220
rb carb, rb head pump gas mod. 607 reeds, airbox lid drilled
fmf torque pipe
fmf turbine core Q
trail tech endurance computer
13/49 gear
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

how much are they? Is it a real kickstand or just a bike stand?
Looks really nice.
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

why do you think most Mfgs that produce off-road race bikes use this type of stand .....because saftey is a big part of this stand (ie;) its up out of the way of roots,rocks,logs and not to mention if you ever layed your bike down on the kickstand side on a hill and it starts to slide backwords;the OEM stand would aways dig in and would make it twice as hard to pick the bike up......at least for me anyways!
Last edited by rick albert on 06:34 am Jun 11 2008, edited 1 time in total.
JUST RIDE !!!
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

YES......its a real kickstand (ill take more pics and post) and trail tech dosn't make one for the KDX .....i ordered the one for the KX/RM 2smoke.
$97.00
JUST RIDE !!!
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

Lets us know how it holds up. I got a similar kickstand off ebay but it did not hold up well. It truly was just a bike stand and in no way could be used as "kick stand." My kid loves to start the bike with kick stand because he is not quite tall enough.
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
rick albert wrote:why do you think most Mfgs that produce off-road race bikes use this type of stand .....because saftey is a big part of this stand (ie;) its up out the way of roots,rocks,logs and not to mention if you ever layed your bike down on the kickstand side on a hill and it starts to slide backwords;the OEM stand would aways dig in and would make it twice as hard to pick the bike up......at least for me anyways!
I was just curious . . . I've not encountered safety issues with my stocker but I'm just one opinion
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

its very heavy duty; i can stand on the pegs and start the bike w/ the stand down....... :wink:
JUST RIDE !!!
plb

Post by plb »

My friend did one for her and me. It's QUIET (no more noise from the swingarm!) and SAFER (not more stand in the ground after a jump!).

Our stand go in a an homemade rubber clamp on the frame. He touch the frame (not like rick albert because he had space between the frame and the stand).

Rick, you will LOVE this sidestand!

:supz: :partyman: :prayer:

rdsrf

Post by rdsrf »

Would that be the one that fits an 04 KX250? The only Suzuki RM application I could find was for an RMZ 250 4 stroke. If so, I'm in! I've been riding without my kick stand for a while (was always getting stuck in ruts) and it'll be nice to park the bike without having to look for a rock or tree to lean it on. :supz:
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

YES....thats the one; part # 5400-00....... :wink:
JUST RIDE !!!
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

ok guys....heres some pics on how to install a trail tech kickstand on a kdx :Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage you can see its very heavy duty !!!! :wink:
JUST RIDE !!!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Great pictures, Mr. Albert!

Does the kit come with the spacers shown? If not, can you tell us what other parts and sizes you used?

Thanks for sharing.

CLICK FOR PICS!
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

your more then welcome........the only hardware that didn't come with the stand was the washer/bushing and the 6mmx1.25 bolt,washer and locknut used in the sub-frame .......
JUST RIDE !!!
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Rick, very nice pics and info. I like the idea of it being out of the way. I think this should become a sticky.

BTW, are you done yet with modding that bike? :wink:

Lookin' Good!
'
lemmy

Post by lemmy »

Cool kickstand. But I don't think I understand everything. For one, I understand that the bushing, bolt, washer and locknut for the subframe needs to be replaced because the existing one is too short since the kickstand bracket is now in there. But does the green spacer on the bottom bolt come with the kickstand? I guess what I don't understand is if the spacer is put in there, doesn't that make the silver frame protection plate stick out way too far at the bottom? On my stock setup, it comes in contact with the frame where the chain roller attatches. If there is a spacer and a kickstand brake in there it would kick out the silver plat way too far. Am I missing something here? Thanks.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Safer?

:?

I can stand on my stocker :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
lemmy

Post by lemmy »

My bike didn't come with a stocker. :cry:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

THIS? is what you're talking about?

This is the FIRST kickstand of its kind (chain-roller/subframe attachment) that I have seen that does NOT say it's a side stand NOT a kickstand. Indeed, the ad (from TrailTech) says:
TralTech wrote:Go ahead - stand on the bike and kick it. Trail Tech kickstands are guaranteed to hold up to the riders weight.
$100.

I sure do agree with the 'form follows function' idea. Something that looks good that doesn't accomplish its purpose is a waste of time. The stand I've been using gets bent on a regular basis..I wouldn't think of using it as a true kickstand.

Thanks for the info!!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!