KDX220SR to KDX220R

Got questions? We got answers....
reymund77

KDX220SR to KDX220R

Post by reymund77 »

Finally completed my engine rebuilt...swopped out my SR internal stock gearing to the R gearing, CDI, Coil, rectifier etc...the SR crank and coil(pulsar coil) cover wun fit a R coil so that was swopped out for a 93 KDX200 engine case and they matches up nicely

Now I understand why ppl here are crazy abt the low end torque of this bike in tight single trail...hit the woods last weekend with the R gearing with sprocket (13-45, Wiseco piston) and it was a blast...able to jus lug up those climbs on 1st or 2nd gear without much fanning of the clutch...it jus keeps going....its a pity the 220R never made its way here in Singapore...and there's only 1 97 KDX200R in Singapore and its sorta collectors item and hardly ridden....

Question now is....after the swop of gearbox, coil etc.....nothing much done on the jetting thou...fuel consumption is crazy...I only managed 40+km in the woods and top up 7.5liters of petrol....before, I can do like 70-80+km on 7 liters of petrol....anything I shld be taking note?....did not drop the bike so can't be fuel leaking from carb or tank