How do you easily tell if the KIPS is working?

Got questions? We got answers....
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Thanks CC, that gives me a lot of info to go on. The bike is an '04, owned only by me. I am expecting the KIPS is working as it should and I'm just too oblivious to feel it . I'm checking anyway though because my bike has been in one piece for over a week now, that's just wrong. My neighbors probably think green bikes are total pieces of crap 'cuz that dude is always working on it, LOL.

Later,
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Just did a quick check and the shaft inside the left-hand screw cap does rotate as I rev the motor. I'll pop the pipe off when I have time and verify all the valves move as they should.
Mike

'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Get the rev pipe first... Hey... you need an excuse right? :razz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

oh, yeah... thanks man. I'll just tell my wife "Vince told me I had to get it". Actually I want one anyway. The guys I ride with are talking about taking trips out to western CO. and Utah where it's a lot more open. Thing is I want that steering damper more than the pipe right now. Plus I need to get my kid a bike...it just never stops. I do think it would be cool to have both pipes to swap for different conditions though. The cheap way out would be to stop riding with the guys with the KX and the 650. :mrgreen:
Mike

'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

If it works for you... it works for me! :grin:

Got a birthday coming up? Your honey could get you one....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Let's see...'Cheap way out..' and 'The World of Dirtbikes'.

HHhhhmmmm.....I sense a mutual exclusivity situation arising!

I've got both pipes. Used to swap 'em back and forth 'depending' on what I was going to be doing and where I was going to be riding. An RB-modified Keihin AirStriker and the VForce2 resolved that to being able to use my rev (-30) pipe all the time. The DF3 made it a cinch.

Of course....none of that COST me anything! :wink:

Considering I started out with my honey buying me the KDX in the first place, that put me a good bit ahead of the game!

Yeah. Some guys get all the breaks. :roll: That's me!!

Colorado usually means 'high' don't it? RB does a great favor to 220 cylinder heads......

Damper? Scotts? More money, but more worth it, too.

So...pipe, RB massaged head and AirStriker, Scotts...I figure it's about $800+ to 'fix' your KIPS!!!

YeeHAw!!

re: 'In one piece for more than a week...' Yeah. You gotta DO something about that!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Colorado Mike wrote:my bike has been in one piece for over a week now, that's just wrong. My neighbors probably think green bikes are total pieces of crap 'cuz that dude is always working on it, LOL.
OH MAN! My sides hurt!

My neighbors think the same thing, I'm sure. Then I take it for a "jetting" ride up and down the street. One wheelie after another from a crawl speed. Finally, the guy across the street asked me what I was doing. I told him I was tuning for more power. He looked at me funny and said that the damn thing leaps out from underneath me each time I gave it the gas, just how much power did I think I needed?

Anyway, thanks for the chuckles!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!