Got questions? We got answers....
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

A.R.C. MX240V Boots

Post by scheckaet »

Anyone got experience with those?
Thinking about giving it a shot for street riding (SM) and eventually dirt too
The price looks right at $170 and I want the hinge ankle.
When I ride my SM with my A* tech 6, I have to lift my foot off the peg a bit to use the rear brake. Not a big deal on dirt bike.
It's not too bad but I want to be able to react without wasting time or thinking about it cuz reaction time can save your skin with all of those frikin loony yakin on cell phone on the road.
So basically I need more ankle movement so that I can ride with my foot on the brake (without dragging it) like I already do with the front brake and the clutch, ready for action!
Any comment?

Thx

Wilf
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I would think you'd want 'grindable' soles when riding the SM....Since it's ergos are such that you have to ride it that way at times.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Yeah that's right but I'm not that good at it (my lack of chicken strip on my tires proves it :roll: ) so I'm not too concerned about grindable soles too much. I'm using my bike mostly to commute and play around parking lots, may do track day a few times a year but nothing extreme.
Someone suggested on supermotojunkies the OXTAR Supermoto Off-Road Boots
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L ... tier2=3180

Now I'm kinda torned, the oxtar would be more suited for SM riding with the replacable sole, but I can't see if they have hinges (probably not)...decision, decision.
allinson

Post by allinson »

Go with the ARC. You will love them. RMC will stand behind the boots if you have any issues with them.