Jetting with a stock bike

Got questions? We got answers....
Major

Jetting with a stock bike

Post by Major »

Just got into the woods riding and picked up a KDX a couple of weeks ago. I have done some suspension mods and now would like to eek whatever power can be had from the bike in stock form (06 KDX). I plan on getting a pipe over the summer but until then does anyone have suggestions as far as jetting goes? I used the search function for the past two hours and my brain hurts, a case of information overload I believe.

I've got about 10 hours of riding time on it so far and really like the bike and look forward to developing it.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

200... 220? Altittude?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Major

Post by Major »

KDX 200, altitude is 328 ft.

Thanks
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Try a 152/45 or 42
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

I'm at 155/42 on my '01 200 and I'm pretty happy with it. I leave the jetting the same for all seasons. I spend a lot of time on the pilot and a 45 still 4 stroked a little. The 42 is great in the summer, and just a little lean when the temps drop into the 40s, but it's kinda hard to blow up a bike because of a lean pilot so I leave it in all year. The main is a little on the fat side for summer riding, but it still runs decently when it's hot and won't blow up when it's cold.
I ride elevations up to 2000 feet, and when I do it bogs just a little, and idles kinda crummy, but for most of my riding the jetting is where I need it.

If you're jetting for max HP, you'll probably want the main leaner than mine.

Joe
'01 KDX200
Major

Post by Major »

Thanks, I'll give it a try