Hey Firffighter, How was the monkey butt 100?

Got questions? We got answers....
SteveWR450f

Hey Firffighter, How was the monkey butt 100?

Post by SteveWR450f »

http://www.omraoffroad.com/2008/MonkeyB ... Riders.pdf

Saw you name in the results. Good job. How was the ride?
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

We had a blast! The course was very well laid out with nice tight singletrack and good rock gardens. Mostly 3rd gear stuff with some high speed whoop sections thrown in. The OHV area is in a draw (great hunting territory), so we were up and down all day, which was great. Lots of trees to weave through as well and good loamy soil with some hard pack areas.

It was my brother's and cousin's first race, so we decided to ride together. We didn't push too hard and took several breaks. We wish now we would have pushed more. None of us had a get off, so I guess we should have been on it more.

BTW, rode with my 9 yr. old on Saturday in the poker run and we had a grand old time. Dont tell anyone, but I liked riding with my son, better than racing, but not by much :wink:

KDX performed amazing as always. As long as I wicked the throttle through the rock gardens and kept the front end light, I was fine. Those 2nd gear rock sections are where the KDX front end struggles, but other than that she performed great. Passed many orange, red and blue bikes along the way. I loved to see the big 4 strokes blow by in the whoops, only to flame out in the tight stuff and I smoke right on by, classic :lol:

I think the DEK would have worked better for race situations. You really want a smooth power delivery so as not to get too worn out. I also want to go back to stock gearing. The 13/50 is too tight for race stuff. My brother's has stock gearing, and he seemed to shift a lot less than I did.

My brother used a trials tire (MT43) and it performed amazing. I got a chance to ride it on the poker run and I was really impressed. He said that the hook up was awesome and he never spun a tire. I think it is my next tire.

Great time, and another KDX triumph. :supz:
'
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. During the summer months, I use a trial tire and really like it. Hopefully, we will go riding this summer. Steve
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I definitely want to hook up for some riding Steve. June is very busy for us with moving and all. But, I dont have many more plans after that. I would love to come on over to do some Trask riding.
'