Clutch lever with roller bearing? Anyone use one?

Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I don't think Moose makes anything..they just sell other folks stuff.

I don't know...but was under the impression (for no particular reason) that the ASV lever was made by ASV. I think it's guaranteed for life. The one I'm thinking of anyway is damn expensive....it had better be good.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
lemmy

Post by lemmy »

Yeah, the ASV lever is made by ASV, I am just saying I don't think that lever (or any ASV lever) has the different attachment points to make the clutch pull easier like the Moose and MSR Raptor levers do.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

A 'roller bearing' lever isn't going to make up for something else out of whack..worn out cable housing, mis-adjusted clutch, worn out side cover (no bearing on top) that loses all your pull with slop.

After multiple plates of different manufacture, spring changes, 'alignment' to the best operation, new side cover and lever..probably what made the most difference in my clutch was a Hinson basket.

Of course...that had to be true...'cuz it's what cost the most!!! :wink:

Consider the source

lemmy

Post by lemmy »

I didn't think Hinson made a basket for the KDX. So you think the basket helped make the lever feel better?

Those cheaply made Moose and MSR Raptor levers with different attachment points definitely work to reduce lever effort. But at a price of reduced disengagement of the clutch.

Image.

As far as I know, ASV doesn't make anything like that. And I agree a roller bearing isn't going to make that big of a difference.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: 'So you think the basket helped make the lever feel better?'

More like got me a better clutch action 'response'. No reason a basket replacement should improve the pull (unless the old basket was toast..that's not what I'm referring to)..but if everything about the clutch seems 'better'..mind-over-matter thinking probably leads to everything about the clutch 'experience' being improved. :wink:

I've never considered the KDX clutch to have 'too much' clutch movement to be able to LOSE some to gain leverage at the lever. Awhile back somebody lengthened the activation arm...liked the resulting easier pull. I never did get whether the reduced pack movement was a problem.

As much as I use the clutch (not much)..mine works just fine as it is...complete with the broken OEM lever that I've had for years.

Consider the source

80elkster
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by 80elkster »

I have an ASV clutch lever and perch. I love that you can adjust the distance the lever is from the grip while the cable remains correctly adjusted. When I got my KDX it felt like the clutch chattered and engaged sporadically but it turned out to be a worn clutch cable. It made all the difference putting on a new cable and shooting some lube through it. How old is your cable?
06 DR650 Farkled
91 WR250 2T
00 300EXC (Sold)
79 XS850 (Sold)
79 CR250 (Sold)
78 IT400 (Stolen)
75 G5 100 Kawi (Gave it away)
73 F7 175 Kawi (Sold)
70 175 Brigestone (Recycled)
05 KDX200(Son's)
93 KDX200
75 KT250 Trials