Wow...Coment on Non-Maintanence...

Got questions? We got answers....
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Wow...Coment on Non-Maintanence...

Post by fuzzy »

Holy crap! I just took my rear susp apart on my WR, and OMG!!! I had to beat the life out of every bolt in the assembely!! I actually had to go to Ace and get a bigger hammer! ALL the bearings were dry/trashed, but showed no signs of side-play(would've shown up very soon me thinks!!). I've checked side-play, but the only reason I've never taken the rear completely apart is due to the fact that the previous owner stated that it just had rear susp service. I've prolly only put 30hrs on the bike since I've owned it, and went on his word and never checked them until now. OUCH! What a pain! Even w/ the new "BIG" no bounce hammer I had to ice/torch parts to get them to seperate. Oh well, at least this is a once in a lifetime PITA! Front supst was trashed on the bike when I got it, and was taken care of a long time ago...

Next stop.....KDX full-susp service, top-end, disabling KIPS for the fiancee, and softer rear spring install.....

I've thrown some updated pics in the gallery since I've taken some flack for my lowly single pic!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Taking someone's word on maintenance on a used bike is always a gamble.

On the pictures, well it's about time. :grin:

Get busy working on that KDX!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128