Mobile 1 2-cycle oil questions...

Got questions? We got answers....
UFS207

Mobile 1 2-cycle oil questions...

Post by UFS207 »

Stopped by O'Riellys autoparts the other day to pickup a few things and noticed a bunch of Mobile 1 two stroke oil on the shelf. Specifically says it's for 2 stroke dirtbikes/sleds/chainsaws and such. Comes in a quart and the oil itself is red like ATF. Also says it's fully synthetic. Read alot of good things about this stuff but also read they they discontinued it in late '07 with no replacement available. Can anybody here confirm this? The stuff is a little over $8 a quart which is slightly better than what the local bike place charges for the yamalube 2R I've always used. They had like 12 quarts on the shelf, should I go back and get them all?
midlifemoto

Post by midlifemoto »

I've always been skeptical of general purpose premix, outboard motor, snowmobile, chainsaw, snowblower, etc. for use in a high performance dirt bike. I'd stick with the Yamalube 2R, I love it and it has a proven track record.
I spent most of my money on women and beer, the rest I just wasted

2006 KDX 200
2007 Harley Softail Custom
2004 Harley Heritage Special (was owned by Evel Knievel)
2006 CRF100 (sons)
2006 CRF 150 (girlfriends)
1978 RM250
1979 CR 125 Elsinore
gtoron

Post by gtoron »

I use it, it is very good stuff. Check some of the other motorcycle sites such as the KTM website, they will confirm.

FYI Mobile has stopped production on 2 cycle oils so get while gettings good :grin:
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

How long is the shelf life on this stuff?

My Local Autozone has about 8 bottles on the shelf.
They pulled up the inventory on its and they got it in 2005.
I shied away due to the date.

Is it still good?
07 KTM 640 Adventure
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Hell no it aint good!

It's SPOILED!

You better run down there and get it all, and send it TOO ME, I'll be sure and dispose of it properly!
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS