Its all your fault. thanks!

Got questions? We got answers....
johnkdx220
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Its all your fault. thanks!

Post by johnkdx220 »

I've been a silent member for several years. I just want to say thanks to every smart ass and regular contributors on this forum who convinced me to invest time and money on the EFM Clutch, RB mods, Maier/UFO fenders, ETC ETC ETC.
:supz:

Here is my shrink: KDX220 03.

KDX220 (RB'd, EFM Autoclutch, FMF Rev, KX front end... Crash proofed and crash tested tOO often !)
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

you r very welcome........
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Nice looking ride! What terrain do you tackle with it?
'
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Sweet-lookin' 220 . . .

what do you think of the clutch and what made you choose it?
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
johnkdx220
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by johnkdx220 »

what do you think of the clutch and what made you choose it? ....

What terrain do you tackle with it?
I absolutely love the autoclutch! It gives me the confidence and level of concentration I need to ride in the rough (steep hills with lots of rocks and roots). It is very forgiving and allows me to ride longer. I'm sure you will find lots of info regarding the autoclutch debate here and elsewhere. The autoclutch is like abortion, death penalty and religion: You have to agree to disagree! I must say that Skipro3 was instrumental in helping me with the install and problem diagnostic of the EFM clutch a few years ago (thanks again to ski).

I ride mostly single track. I smile whenever trails get too narrow for wheelchairs. I also ride some enduro races (GNCC style) with a mix of grass tracks and forest trails.

Hopefully, the new four strokes will no longer rocket pass me in the open fields now that I have the carb and head mods. I have the FMF Woods on for now but expecting to soon receive the Rev/Desert.

Oh, I forgot! Here is my other shrink :))))

KDX220 (RB'd, EFM Autoclutch, FMF Rev, KX front end... Crash proofed and crash tested tOO often !)
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Funny stuff there john; trails too narrow for wheel chairs. I'm getting a sign made that shows a quad with the red circle and slash through it and the caption "No Wheelchair Access" Ha!! Glad you like the autoclutch, I absolutely love mine. I just did a 2 day desert ride in some of the most rugged land I've ever seen. Rocks, sand and gravel. I'll post up a ride report and include how my clutch saved my sorry butt and compensated for my lack of riding skills.

Also very funny calling the bike your shrink. I've always told my ski students who were there with their families that they could spend money as they were as a family enjoying themselves, or they could save it and in a few years give it to a shrink.

Two recommendations; get that brake cable out of harm's way. Looks like it's gonna snag on something in passing some day. And put a sprocket cover on. Ran across a guy this weekend who fell over onto his bike, sprocket side up and caught his glove in there. Lucky it wasn't the fingers but it jambed that glove so tight, it took him a long time to fish it back out.

I want some tug straps like I see on your bike; blue in front and bown in rear in your photo. What did you use and how did you make and mount them?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Ski, I am drooling over the thought of an Auto-Clutch on my RM250. I am pateintly waiting for that ride report. :supz:
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

How hard is the EFM auto clutch to install. I have a '2000 KDX 200 that I am in the midst of rebuilding from ground up. I fully intend to put a autoo clutch in this bike as well. I have Rekluse Z Start in my '02 KTM300EXC and absolutely love it, especially in the tight singletrack. To bad Rekluse doesn't make a auto clutch for the KDX as they are a very popular woods bike. I heard stories of install problems with the EFM auto clutches. Any truth to those stories? I installed the Rekluse in my KTM in about 2 1/2 hours. Is it the same with the EFM? Thanks for the info. Does anybody here use the Revloc auto clutch in their KDX?
Thanks
Little Jeff
Riding with your buddies and an adventure, riding with certain individuals is an ordeal.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

There's a full write-up how to install including photos here somewhere. I'm too lazy to do a search.....

Check my gallery for photos though. Lots on the clutch install.

Go for it on the RM250. You will enjoy it and if not, there's probably a full clutch on eBay for $50 or so to swap back.

Started the ride report this afternoon. I'll put up more as I get inspired to write.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
fLyNbYu

Post by fLyNbYu »

This what I have on my KDX http://www.thetugger.com/

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:

I want some tug straps like I see on your bike; blue in front and bown in rear in your photo. What did you use and how did you make and mount them?
'01 KDX 220R
'01 XR650R SuperTerd
plb

Post by plb »

I'm one of JohnKDX friends.

I have to agree with Johnny... the KDXRIDER website is a REFERENCE.

Thank you very much to everyone who gave me advises and tips.

:prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Tuggers ordered, thanks!
Jerry

green_passion
Supporting Member

Post by green_passion »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote: I just did a 2 day desert ride in some of the most rugged land I've ever seen. Rocks, sand and gravel.
Welcome to my world!! :mrgreen:
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress; no matter how slow." - Plato

2002 KDX 220-LONG LIVE THE KING!!! :supz:
My Gallery—Clicky!
johnkdx220
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by johnkdx220 »

Skipro3 wrote
I want some tug straps like I see on your bike; blue in front and brown in rear in your photo. What did you use and how did you make and mount them?
I used my wife's ski-boot carrying strap in front and Pluto's old collar over the seat! Hey, I'm cheap, but I also can afford all the goodies I want. For the strap under/over the seat, you will figure it out in one nano second once you flip that seat. If you don't, I'll post a picture for you.

Thanks for the other recommendations ski, I'll get to it!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: CSS cover

I've heard over and over how useless it is..nothing but a mud catcher. The safety issues evolving from it being removed make it obvious to me: Keep it on!!

Thanks for a reason why. Man!! Glad he didn't lose some digits!! Don't need more guys riding with a duct-taped-mess-of-big-toe-sewed-on stump!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
cleoent

Post by cleoent »

John, your sig needs to be fixed. It should be "too often" not "to often."

Now you can add me to your thank you list :supz: :lol:
1990 KDX200, 2007 KTM 200XC, 2004 TTR125L
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

>|<>QBB<
cleoent wrote:John, your sig needs to be fixed. It should be "too often" not "to often."

Now you can add me to your thank you list :supz: :lol:
I had noticed that too :)
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Its all your fault. thanks!

Post by kdxquebec »

>|QBB<[/url]
johnkdx220 wrote:I've been a silent member for several years.
Me t00.

Oh, I forgot! Here is my other shrink :))))

Glad to be a positive element of your daily therapy.

Have fun! Life is too long :grin:
'89 KDX 198cc '03 Gasgas Ec250 '13 Husaberg Te300
*CANADA* LEADING THE WORLD IN BEING JUST NORTH OF THE UNITED STATES.