Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can we agree on a fact or two?

Post by canyncarvr »

Not two? OK...how about just ONE!

Posted in an earlier thread:
H series is all 1995-2006 KDX 200s/220s. 1995 was the new design, the H series is the sucessor to the E series '89-94 bikes.
This is NOT true.

The 'H' series refers to the 200.

The 220 is the 'A' series. There IS no 'sucessor' (sic) to the 'E' series 220, because it didn't exist.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

What kinda half-brain posted that nonsense?

Carvr.... If there is a question posted and no one knows WHAT year KDX the asker has, how do you ask? "Is this an E series, H series, or A series KDX?

Nope. I haven't seen it. I've only seen people ask "E" or "H". Doesn't make it right, but if you're gonna correct me, you got lotsa more members to be correctin!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

H is all that matters to me! :snooty:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

>|<>QBB<
2001kdx wrote:What kinda half-brain posted that nonsense?

Carvr.... If there is a question posted and no one knows WHAT year KDX the asker has, how do you ask? "Is this an E series, H series, or A series KDX?

Nope. I haven't seen it. I've only seen people ask "E" or "H". Doesn't make it right, but if you're gonna correct me, you got lotsa more members to be correctin!
What kind? That it was some yellow-ridin' kind is of almost NO doubt at all!

Maybe, 'What year/model, Mr. Know-It-All?'

Haven't seen what?

Do you need a sign? ....too? :wink:

lotsa more? Yeah. I'm on a mission..with Talent On Loan From GaaawwwdD!! 'fer sure!

Consider the source

kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

There is no successor to the KDX 220 because it is perfect.

You will note that Kawasaki Heavy Industries retired the KDX line well after the superbly-evolved 220 demonstrated that it was the ultimate in off-road prowess unequaled by any brand or model, and even then, only after Al Gore personally met with Tanaka Hirouya, president of KHI, to plead for an end to production for this uber-popular 2 stroke machine. This design was killed by political pressure and a misguided concern for the future of all life, nothing more, nothing less. Long live the King.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

..uber-popular 2 stroke machine..
:grin:

Uber-popular? :hmm: Makes 'em sound to be popular with the murse carryin' crowd.

I'm just sayin'..............

Consider the source

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:

Uber-popular? :hmm: Makes 'em sound to be popular with the murse carryin' crowd.

Please, we prefer the term "European Carry-All"...

Thanks,

-Posers everywhere... :rolleyes:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
green_passion
Supporting Member

Post by green_passion »

>|<>QBB<
kawagumby wrote:There is no successor to the KDX 220 because it is perfect.

You will note that Kawasaki Heavy Industries retired the KDX line well after the superbly-evolved 220 demonstrated that it was the ultimate in off-road prowess unequaled by any brand or model, and even then, only after Al Gore personally met with Tanaka Hirouya, president of KHI, to plead for an end to production for this uber-popular 2 stroke machine. This design was killed by political pressure and a misguided concern for the future of all life, nothing more, nothing less. Long live the King.
:bravo: :supz:
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress; no matter how slow." - Plato

2002 KDX 220-LONG LIVE THE KING!!! :supz:
My Gallery—Clicky!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:

Please, we prefer the term "European Carry-All"...

Thanks,

-Posers everywhere... :rolleyes:
What a nancy boy! What a dandy! :mrgreen:
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Here's an interesting post on ktmtalk.com from an older fellow that made a comment about the KDX that sorta' made my chest swell with pride. The thread title was 2000 KDX 220 vs 2007 KTM 200 XC-W . . . what was I doing over there? Just lookin' - I'm always lookin' ! :wink:

. . . the KDX was and still is a formidable woods bike. Knowing what I know about them and how to set one up, I'd still make it my go to eastern hare scrambles dollar for dollar woods weapon. I never had more success on any other bike period. It brought out the best in my abilities and confidence. And the fun factor when I beat the others on "my wifes bike" was worth its weight in gold."

Anyone read the KLX450 reviews? Apparently the test riders are falling in love with the bike, dubbing it the "favorite" amongst red, blue, and orange.

But I can't believe that Kawasaki can't successfully market a mildly-tuned KX250 engine with a wide ratio g/b, a KX-like but made-for-the-trails chassis with an 18" rear wheel, a 3-gal fuel tank, and decent suspension.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

>|<>QBB<
Jeb wrote:a mildly-tuned KX250 engine with a wide ratio g/b, a KX-like but made-for-the-trails chassis with an 18" rear wheel, a 3-gal fuel tank, and decent suspension.
That's the ticket! I can't possibly imagine a better option for woods riding! Except of course substitute Kawasaki and KX with say RM or even better, YZ.

Supposedly KTM has just that bike in the 250XCW.....

I've yet to ride one :neutral:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I want nothing to do with a KX... I ride woods and I never use everything the KDX has completely. I don't ride desert or wide open areas normally but when I do my KDX shits and gets... plenty for me and I have raced MX bikes through the woods and I always get them in the tough stuff... they never get away from me. To me... it's still the perfect woods bike.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Jeb they did in the early 90s but they put the motor in an anchor of a frame. Rick and I have the best and worst of both worlds. You need a 250 to pull all that weight up the hills. It only goes as fast as you turn the throttle and the extra power comes in hand for us "larger" riders.

Where is ebeck and the others with hybrids? I am sure they could put a 250 in that frame.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
kicknrocks

Post by kicknrocks »

"That's the ticket! I can't possibly imagine a better option for woods riding! Except of course substitute Kawasaki and KX with say RM or even better, YZ.

This from the banana rider who spends his spare time on a KDX forum
'01 KDX 220
Frisbee air box
RB Designs Carb
FMF Gnarly Woods
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Yessir.... There's plenty of good stuff to learn here even if I don't own a KDX. General motorcycle knowledge that you don't always find on ThumperTalk, which is where I spend more of my spare time :mrgreen:

Banana? Hell yeah, just about the baddest banana you ever saw :supz: