Waterproof Boots

Got questions? We got answers....
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

Most dealerships only carried Thor Quadrants. I tried them on, but they pinched the crap out of my ankle. Id sooner stick with work boots than wear them.

I bought a pair of them last year while in Florida and only wore them one time. The toe area was so thick it made it almost impossible to shift so they sat in the garage until I sold them on e-bay last week.
I purchased a set of Tech 3's locally for 160.00 and so far seem pretty
comfortable and use the controls pretty easy.
I have had them in some water with dry feet but nothing deep to say if
they are waterproof or not.
I'm sure there is much better out there but for me they were pretty inexpensive and much safer than normal work boots that I had been wearing.
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

"Thor Quadrants"
IMO STAY AWAY-CRAP BOOTS
My 661's are the 1st boot I have ever had that has a BOOTIE. I will never buy another boot WITHOUT A BOOTIE AGAIN. IT'S THAT COMFORTABLE. Hey work boots worked for me UNTIL I GOT HIT IN THE SHINS HARD!!!!!
Apply to 661 via Sponsorhouse.com & get 40% off. 1st 5 requests are FREE..Just an idea :wink:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
DeSoto Flyer

Place to buy boots, and other gear

Post by DeSoto Flyer »

Ever try Cycle Gear? The ones I've been to have all kinds of gear in stock. Looks like connecticut would be the closest store to you.

http://www.cyclegear.com/store_locations.cfm?State=CT

http://www.cyclegear.com/store.cfm
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Got a pair of Gaerne Cyphers for $160 and they have been awesome. No break in, good fit, slender.... I like them alot.
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Where did you get the Cyphers? Anyplace local to you carry them? I'll be down your way in 2 weeks.

Desoto, thanks fo the link. I bet I can make it to the Connecticut store in the next month or so.
BTW...did/do you have a Desoto? I had a '59..but somebody stole it after I wouldn't sell it. Never caught him.

Joe
'01 KDX200
DeSoto Flyer

Post by DeSoto Flyer »

No, I don't have a DeSoto. It is the area I live in.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Joe, this is where I got them. The price has raised slightly. http://www.revzilla.com/product/gaerne-cypher-boots
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

I just bought a pair of Gaerne Cyphers. Hopefully they'll be at my house by the time I get back home next week. I can't wait to try them out, especially after taking another good hit in the shin tonight.

As an interesting side note, one of the fields I bike through was flooded by a new beaver dam. The farmers were glad I caught it before it flooded too much of their farmland (one of the benefits of allowing off-road riders on your land....I patrol it). I knocked a couple of holes in the dam, but I bet they'll be back.

Joe
'01 KDX200
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Hope you like them Joe, I like them a lot. I haven't seen Gaerne carried at any local place whatsoever.
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

I got my boots Wednesday, but I was on the road until last night. I went for a nice ride this morning and gave them a good workout. I iht every mud puddle and water crossing that I could for a couple of hours. I got plenty of water and mud one me, but not a drop in my boots. They may not be waterproof, but they didn't leak a drop on any water that I would hit on a normal ride. I'm very happy with them. They're plenty comfortable too. I'm going to wear them on the club ride tomorrow that might be as long as 100 miles. I normally don't loop more than 40 miles at a time, so this should be a good workout. I'm riding with a bunch of ATVers so it should be a nice slow ride anyway. Hehe.
2001kdx, thanks for the recommendation.
If anyone else is looking for a good deal on a nice boot, Rocky Mountain ATV has them on Closeout for $99.00. (rockymountainatv.com)

Joe
'01 KDX200
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Do they have the hinge at the ankle?
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Nope, they don't. The more expensive brothers, Fastback and SG-10 do, but the Cypher doesn't. That mostly the difference between the three.