Got my FMF Pipe Installed!

Got questions? We got answers....
DeSoto Flyer

Got my FMF Pipe Installed!

Post by DeSoto Flyer »

Installed a Gnarly Woods pipe and Turbine Core II Q silencer, along with jetting changes on my 2006 KDX 200. WOW! Very impressed with the easy installation, and the power increase was tremendous! KDX will easily pull a 4th gear wheelie (wihout clutching it) while carrying my 185 pound lard butt. Where I was riding in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear, I am now riding in 3rd and 4th with an occasional 2nd. Seems like a totally different bike. Think I'll ride it for a while, then consider the RB carb and head mods. Thanks to all for the advice!

One question - how do you keep the pipe looking all shiny and new?
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Keep it looking new? You could put a nice pipe guard on it, and use some WD-40 after you wash the bike down from a ride...... or just never ride the bike. The pipe will be spotless!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Very cool - enjoy!!

About every other wash or so I get a rag with a good dose of some WD-40 and wipe down the pipe really well. I've managed to keep clear of corrosion pretty much after a year and a half.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
DeSoto Flyer

Post by DeSoto Flyer »

2001kdx - you a funny man! It's important for my bike to run good and look good, because I don't ride that good!
kicknrocks

Post by kicknrocks »

funny, I was just wondering how long it will take me to get some good dents and scratches on mine.

It's like being a kid with a bright white pair of high tops. What do you do the first day you have them . . .
'01 KDX 220
Frisbee air box
RB Designs Carb
FMF Gnarly Woods
jowens66

Post by jowens66 »

Wash it good, then apply WD-40. If it gets some corrosion or dirt on it that the pressure washer won't take care of, hit it with a little steel wool, the finest kind you can get.