gearing?

Got questions? We got answers....
ebeck

gearing?

Post by ebeck »

What gearing are people running. I am in the southwest, AZ to be exact. Lots of second gear twisty rocky dusty trails. Second gear with stock gearing leave the throttle unresopinsive and the 12/48 gearing leaves me on the pipe in third and I loose traction climbing hills with just a trist of the throttle. I am thinking somewhere in between obviously but just looking for others perspectives.

13/47 is too tall and 12/48 is too short. I am thinking 13/49.
KDX200 Hybrid with RB carb, RB head and PC pipe. 13/49 sound reasonable.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

All you really need to do is find that Second Sweet Spot to climb those hills. It is worth the effort.... it keeps going and going and going without bogging out and dying. The 13/47 should work for that. 1 tooth is not going to make that much of a difference but worth a try I guess. I run 13/50 and really like it.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

Yep, I should search better.

13/49 is my next set up. 13/47 is stock if I rememer right.