how change 1997 220 fork seals?

Got questions? We got answers....
HIKDX

how change 1997 220 fork seals?

Post by HIKDX »

Not sure how to work this website yet, so thank for your patience in advance....anyone have very simplistic step by step instructions they can post or direct me to for changing fork seals on a 1997 KDX 220? Never done it before, but think I can with instructions. Thanks.
HIKDX
danfree

Post by danfree »

Most people are going to recommend that you get a manual. If you are going to do your own maintenance, which you should, then a shop manual is highly desirable. If you you have questions about how to follow those guidelines, then the folks on this site will be able to help you out with most anything. I would recommend ordering the shop manual from Kawasaki, or such. There is also a fairly useful one available through this website. The printed one may seem kind of expensive, but it will pay for itself if it prevents costly mistakes.
2008 Yam FZ6
2005 KDX 200
HIKDX

Post by HIKDX »

Thanks danfree. I was just informed about how to work this website so I am getting back to you a bit late. I'm going to buy the cyclepedia instructions and go for it...and fortunately, Im better with mechanics than with working websites. I'll get used to this for sure in time. Thanks.
HIKDX