Spring Cleaning

Got questions? We got answers....
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Spring Cleaning

Post by Jeb »

I've noticed a lot of air screw setting and pilot adjusting questions lately. So I did a few quick searches with key words and almost 50% of the threads were started in Feb, Mar, and April. SPRINGTIME! Bike's been setting idle for a while. With premix in the carb. Jets and little passages and whatnot getting all gummed up . . .

so before you get to foolin' around too much with jetting and air screws take your carby out, get the carb cleaner and get'r cleaned up!!

Just a little tip from your Uncle Jeb . . . :mrgreen:
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

1gal can of berryman's = good investment.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

'Did an internet search on Berrymans - are you referring to the Chem-dip?
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Yup. GREAT stuff.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Jeb, have you been riding yet? How is thr knee holding up?
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Because of the rain, the only real riding I've done is on an indoor mx track and that was once. Riding with the kiddo who is starting to get pretty good.

I figure our first woods outing will be next weekend or so.

The knee is doing great, thanks for asking. I've been doing much strength and endurance training with a focus on the legs and core strength, and the motivation is riding if you can believe that. It gets a little sore now and then but I believe my legs are STRONGER than they used to be. I use a Townsend custom brace that is absolutely fabulous (I'll do a review sooner or later).

BTW I'm hijacking my own thread but . . . how's your leg? Have you started riding the yellow zinger yet?

CLICK FOR PICS!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Yeah, I've been riding a little at the MX tracks the past month or so, the leg is holding up great. My ankle is still a little problematic if I get too mobile, but yeah it's working out pretty well.

I actually have my first harescramble race next saturday, so I'm pretty excited for that.

I have to yank my carb apart and do some jetting on the old banana. The main is a little flat and I have to play with the needle too.