Lucas OIL ?

Got questions? We got answers....
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Lucas OIL ?

Post by jc7622 »

After some discussion on my "seized piston" post that is really about a sloppy con rod and ultimately turned into a discussion on oil ratios, I was on another site talking about oil ratios. I got back a few replies recommending LUCAS oil. I don't think I have heard much about it. Anyone here ever use it? The most lengthy description of it from one of the responders (respondants?) follows:

"Funny we should have this topic. I pulled my CR250R down for new reeds piston and rings. I have been running Lucas Racing two cycle oil for the last four years in all our bikes and I'm really impressed. This is the fourth bike that I have done top end on running Lucas and it seems to perform very well. My head had a brown film covering part of the combustion chamber and it wiped out with a rag no solvent no scraping like wiping some spilled hot fudge of the table at Braums. The piston had a very light coating of carbon on the edge closest to the exhaust but not enough to be able to scrape it off. Were I not changing piston already I would have not bothered trying to decarbonize piston. The power valves had a line of black on them that wiped off with a rag also. I run at 32:1 in all our two strokes we have had in last four years. 2-Cr250R, Pollini 50, KTMSX65, Kawa KX65 and KX100 and Mikes YZ250. I'm really sold on this stuff. You can pick it up around here at O'rielly Auto and most of the convinance stores near the lake and it's half the price of Motul, Bel-Ray, etc."
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Never run it, but never used a lucas product I haven't liked to date either...
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Found the link to the specific product on their website:

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/displa ... 3&loc=show

I really like the Amsoil Interceptor but I always have my eyes peeled for alternatives - the disadvantage for me now with the Interceptor is I have to order it. Interestingly enough, if you look at the spec sheet for the Lucas oil it's "amber" in color which is like the Interceptor (f that means anything). Maybe I'll try it in my kiddo's RM - I'll be doing a top end mid-summer and we'll see what it looks like then.

I'd like to add one more to the "has anyone tried it" list (hopefully you don't mind jc) - VP Racing makes three 2-t oils: a blend, 100% synthetic, and racing castor. The full synthetic is $5 a pint which seems pricey:

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/rs7.html
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
KDX220PILOT

Post by KDX220PILOT »

I have been running a 50/50 mix consisting of Klotz full synthetic techniplate and Castrol 2T at 32:1, I have been mixing like this since I got the bike 8 months ago, it had 10 original miles on it when I got it and when I took the topend down the day before yesterday for the Wiseco swap, also very little black on the piston, a light powdery coation on top of the piston, and the cylinder was nice and clean almost new looking, I like the advantage of full synthetic premix but thought it might build up excessively but was surprised with my findings, but also feel the need to run the Castrol, been running it in all of my machines for about 10 years now, awesome for bikes and cars, I know it can be trusted, dont have any experience with the Lucas. I here their gear oil is really good stuff though. Do they make a Synthetic premix?
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

'Look at the link - what they've got is the semi-synthetic, presumably it's got some dino in it.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!