Just finished piston swap out KDX 220.....

Got questions? We got answers....
KDX220PILOT

Just finished piston swap out KDX 220.....

Post by KDX220PILOT »

Got the Wiseco piston and ring kit in today, came home went straight to work on my girl, everything went smooth and nailed it down first time, took exactly 2 1/2 hours, alot more involved than I expected, had to take nearly the whole dang bike apart to do it right. I am super happy with the outcome. Got the reverse nut gear lined up with the white line and all new metal cometic gaskets, a 7mm wrench slides perfectly on to the shaft to hold it while the reverse nut is tightened. My cylinder looked almost new and my stock piston was in exellent condition, rings were still 90%, its a mint 2000 with only around 12 or so original hours, Lubed up the needle bearings and piston and rings really good with some Klotz techniplate before reassembly, Triple checked both circlips on the wrist pin, a nice warmup and a few easy runs, working perfect, had to readjust the air screw to a crisp 1 3/4 turns out, I cant wait to go ride this weekend! :supz: :supz: :supz:
StickyTeflon

Post by StickyTeflon »

Congats on it going off first shot. Hopefully I'll have mine back together the middle of next week.

Where did you get you piston and gaskets from?

Sean
KDX220PILOT

Post by KDX220PILOT »

Thanks, Did a little wheelin and dealin with Dennis Kirk, they are usually more expensive but I always play them against Rocky Mountain atv DK has a low price garentee, they beat every one else by one dollar, got the Wiseco piston with cometic gastket kit for 138 shipped.