ACTURATOR SHAFT ?

Got questions? We got answers....
WOLFYMAN

ACTURATOR SHAFT ?

Post by WOLFYMAN »

Putting everything back together. When I was tighteing the reverse threaded nut it rotaded the gear clockwise. I started it in the middle cause thats where it lined up. Does this matter or will it hurt something.
WOLFY
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Before attaching the actuating shaft "lever" (the claw-lookin' thing), make sure you turn the main shaft (the shaft that runs left to right and actuates the valves) completely counter-clockwise to close the subvalves and the main valve. Set the actuating shaft lever in place at the actuating shaft and ensure that the little mark on top of the lever lines up with the white-painted spline on the gear of the main shaft. Once you've verified that things are lined up correctly, locate the "flat" spot along the actuating shaft (pull down the rubber booty a bit and you'll see it) - this is where you can hold the actuating shaft with a wrench or vise grips because you DO NOT want this shaft to turn while tightening the actuating shaft nut.

Do you have a service manual? Many people like the paper copy manual, but if you don't have one consider the on-line manual (click the link near the top right-hand corner).

Here's an example pic from the online manual that shows the lineup of the mark on top of the claw with the white-painted spline:

"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
WOLFYMAN

Post by WOLFYMAN »

Hey thanks alot my manual did not show that. Nor did tell me how to locate the flat spot. The first try ended with me poping the end in the case out of the grove. Needles to say i'm perty good at removeing the case now. I did ride it once I thought evrything was to gether it ran ok but that was just in the front yard. Hopefully it didnt hurt anything will redo when I get off work.
WOLFY