Spanky's jetting tip

Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Sometimes the word 'bog' is used to describe a lean condition..sometimes it fits a rich condition.

Here's what matters: '...both these VDR bikes run very crisp and clean after my trial and error method.'

There 'ya go!!!

Have fun!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
midlifemoto

Post by midlifemoto »

thanks! I'm gonna debut the CR and RM at the VDR in Woodland, WA Saturday....both require attention to keep the front ends down! they are crispy critters indeed....and I feel I lucked out with the plug colors being right...It was definately not from experience or knowledge
I spent most of my money on women and beer, the rest I just wasted

2006 KDX 200
2007 Harley Softail Custom
2004 Harley Heritage Special (was owned by Evel Knievel)
2006 CRF100 (sons)
2006 CRF 150 (girlfriends)
1978 RM250
1979 CR 125 Elsinore
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

When you truck on down here in a couple of weeks with your KDX to ride with Wibby, ski, and me...you can tell us all about it!

:wink:

Consider the source

midlifemoto

Post by midlifemoto »

I'd love to hook up with you folks for a ride....gonna' be at China Hat 4/18 - 4/23 tho...never been there and it sounds awesome....what places you all go to in So. Or? If you folks have never been up to Eddieville/Starvation Ridge you owe it to yourselves, it's incredible....I haven't ridden in the woods since my Brown's Camp days 20 years ago...I need to ride the KDX in it's element

this VDR stuff is fun, and I am definately reliving my past thru it...but man, the time, money and frustrations of these old bikes is overwhelming at times.....I just love riding the KDX, it's the dirt bike version of a Toyota Camry

2006 KDX 200
2006 CRF100 (sons)
1978 RM250
1979 CR 125 Elsinore
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Don't know of Eddieville. Where's that?

Ever been to Winom-Frasier? I got to get up that-a-way. I talked to a couple of guys that rode there a few years back...sounded good.

Riding here changes with the seasons. Right now Johns Peak and Quartz Ck. are rideable. Grayback is under a LOT of snow (30' last I heard) until probably mid July this year. Taylor Ck. may be rideable...but multiple creek crossings this time of year aren't a good thing. There's a LOT of water 'round here! I don't mind water, mind you...but crossing a torrent that's 30-40' wide when there is no chance of seeing the bottom isn't my idea of a fun (or smart) thing to do. Especially if you're the only bike that's been there in months. Who knows what's under there! Prospect doesn't open 'til the week of July 4th...and even then most of the good single track is under snow for another couple weeks. And that's without the 'global warming' that has snowpacks running at 500% of 'normal'. Ha! Whatever 'normal' is. Records go back...what? A few handsful of decades? Big whoop!!

I digress........

Take some CH pics! I've ridden Christmas Valley (close to CH..sorta). Won't go back there. I haven't been to Millican, either.

Consider the source

midlifemoto

Post by midlifemoto »

http://www.overthebarsgang.com/eddieville.html

click on both Eddieville and Starvation Ridge top right

2006 KDX 200
2006 CRF100 (sons)
1978 RM250
1979 CR 125 Elsinore