Brake Line...

Got questions? We got answers....
motorhed220

Brake Line...

Post by motorhed220 »

Alright, so when i put my KX forks on, i found the stock brake line was real long, i didnt think much of it, just was a bit loose but it worked. After riding a bit i looked down at it and saw it was gettin ground into nothing by the spokes, (yea it was THAT loose, and yea im a IDIOT) but i fixed it with a bunch of ducttape and electrical tape. NP good as new.

Now it looks BAD, but i still have the KX brake line, do you tink it would work? I think i remebr someone tellin me on this site it wouldnt work, but i see no reason why it wouldnt.

PS i have a KX brake caliper and the KDX line actually fit NP. So i see no reason for why the KX line wouldnt work. But would it be shorter?

Iunno any help and advice would be awsome! Thanx ya'll!
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I'm not following a lot of what you say, but the KX brake line routing usually goes under the fork leg and along a groove in the bottom of the KX caliper. the KDX caliper is very similar, but doesn't have that groove, and uses a different routing.

Bottom line is, if you have a KX caliper, and KX forks, use the KX line routed in front of the fork leg, under the plastic shroud that is supposed to be there, under the leg and up to the caliper.

Mine has '03 KX forks, but stock KDX caliper, so I used the KDX line attached to the caliper the "KDX" way, and zip-tied the line to the fork guard keep it out of the spokes. I also used a KX line guide instead of the dorky KDX one, so my trail tech sensor would fit through without cutting.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

The kx hose will fit fine.
Only problem you will have is if you have a vapor like Co Mike and myself
you half to position everything properly or the line will hit the bottom of the vapor when the forks compress and hit the inside of the supports of the headlight plastic wearing through the hose also.
Yes the kx hose is a tad shorter.
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

Yes the kx hose is a tad shorter
I thought the KX line was longer since it had to wrap under the fork.

I have '03 KX forks and used my KDX brake line and caliper. I also found a braided KX line that I will put on eventually. I have to change out a solid metal tubing piece on the end to match up to the KDX caliper.